BadAtGender

Tuesday - Earthquake! (2015) 5.8, The Man in the Iron Mask (2015) 1.9, some other numbers (rth)

Yes! Great Tuesdays all around. Man, so much more fun tracking the box office this summer as opposed to last summer. Can't wait to see Jurassic World break out with a $125M+ OW.

I'm still not convinced it'll open that high, but I surely hope it does.

I'm still not convinced it'll open that high, but I surely hope it does.

Oh, it will. Trust me. Just about everything's performing better than expected... Fury Road, Pitches, San Andreas. Jurassic World is next. Seems like a product that will put butts in the seats too. Sounds like a fun time at the movies.

We're the Millers and Let's Be Cops earned $1.7 million and $1.2 million from previews. With that number I'm expecting Entourage to end up either slightly above or on-par with LBC.

Edited by Alpha

We're the Millers and Let's Be Cops earned $1.7 million and $1.2 million from previews. With that number I'm expecting Entourage to end up either slightly above or on-par with LBC.

Both of those movies had ludicriously strong legs, though. I dunno if predicting a 4.5-5x multiplier is reasonable, especially with mediocre reviews.

Edit - I will say I agree that a dom total in the neighborhood of LBC, like 80-85m, seems optimistic but reasonable and I'm sure WB would be very happy with that.

Edit2 - What was Entourage's budget?  40m?

Edited by Wrath