grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

5 hours ago, kowhite said:

I expect this movie to do 3 things:

1) It will lose money

2) I will like it

3) Statham will roundhouse kick the shark in the head

Ok, that last one might not happen.  It really should.

I want Statham to swim into radiation grow 10x as big and then grab Meg by the Jaws and tear it open like King Kong.  

But if not that Round house Kick would be my #1.

Followed by having a dope ass oner of Jason getting shallowed whole, following him alive down his insides alive.  He lights a match and is treading water in a toxic stomach. He starts to slowly burn, he's running out of time, and has to cut himself free, thus killing the shark before it reaches Spring Break beaches. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, aabattery said:

I'm probably gonna bring this up every time this thread pops up but lord almighty why is it called Meg.

Megalodon is such a cool name man. It's accurate, it's dope but no they go with Meg.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

I'll probably watch this and Megalodon is v cool so it should be a good time. But fuck their title.

Its the name of the book.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Its the name of the book.

I know it's the book title buuut it just don't jive with me.

Still, I'm being nitpicky. This looks like it'll be a blast regardless and it's been too long since we've had some very very big shark vs human action. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Actually, this is going to make a shitload of $$$$$ and more so than any of you imagine, seriously.. This is JURASSIC WORLD type of stuff here done right.. I'm going to confidentally predict 150M OW for this movie and a thread for it will come soon... I'm serious.. Don't underestimate this... 20 Years in the Making for this.. And August is a much better month in peak summer for something like this than in March when it was initially going to be released.. This is a Summer movie and they made the right choice..

meg-movie.jpg?resize=620%2C400

20 years in the making and fans of the book got sick of waiting. It won't be Jurassic World type stuff, it doesn't have nostalgia to propel it. Also there's been plenty of shark films over the past few years. I wouldn't get too hyped.

I hope this is good.  I'm sure some of it will be parody but hopefully not.

I'm a big shark fan, have given to help conservation and study.  I'm a big ocean guy anyway.  So yeah I am always there for shark movies, even Sharknados which I love :P  so yeah I want this flick to be really good :) 

This will be huge. The world and market have never seen a shark attack movie and I have long suspected there is a large market for this. Beach businesses and resort owners will sure hate this film!

• Like 1

This movie could either be glorious or a huge disaster.  I've always had a morbid attraction to seeing a Meg movie get made.  I'm glad it's happening.  

Jason Statham playing a scientist, that could also be a big disaster or really fun.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

http://movieweb.com/meg-shark-movie-author-scary-budget/

This WILL be the JURASSIC WORLD of August 2018 when this is released.. Just remember I said this when the time comes... ;)

The author had been on IMDb for years teasing book fans by saying the movie is close to happening. They got tired of his act real quick.

I think you're honestly setting yourself up for disappointment thinking it will be huge. I bet they only show Meg a few times. 

Edited by Bishop54

8 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

You only have to show him a few times, the same way they did for JAWS in the original movie in how you barely saw the shark til the end and it worked.. What you can't see is what you fear the most..

Movies back then like Jaws and Alien got away with it, today's audiences want to see the main attraction on screen. Think back just a few years about how people complained about the teasing of Godzilla. Same thing will apply here. 

21 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Movies back then like Jaws and Alien got away with it, today's audiences want to see the main attraction on screen. Think back just a few years about how people complained about the teasing of Godzilla. Same thing will apply here. 

Unfortunately I agree. I went to see Arrival in theaters back in November. SO many people griped about the lack of "action." People expected an invasion movie and ended up getting slow burn science fiction. Their loss...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Source?

Well, you don't need a source when you are comparing a film that had no FX to a film that will be most FX. :)

• Like 4