grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

2 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Considering this comes out in Aug 2018, is this normal to have test screenings a year early like this for those who work in film???? This sounds to me like the studio is very confident in this to have test screenings this early meaning it's finished or damn close to it?? :thinking:

It was originally supposed to come out in March 2018 but I assume they moved it because of March having too much competition.  So it's not impossible for all the footage to have been filmed already.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So they had the test screening of this on Thursday.. Surprised we haven't seen any reactions unless they have to sign some agreement not to review it???

The CGI is undoubtedly in the early stages, who on earth would want to see an unfinished film?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So they had the test screening of this on Thursday.. Surprised we haven't seen any reactions unless they have to sign some agreement not to review it???

I have been to test screening. You not allow to say anything. From of my test screening they took my photo next to my idea. So if say anything on social media they have proof it was you.  You are not allowed to say anything about the movie. Almost every movie has test screening months in advance. 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2017 at 3:46 PM, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Considering this comes out in Aug 2018, is this normal to have test screenings a year early like this for those who work in film???? This sounds to me like the studio is very confident in this to have test screenings this early meaning it's finished or damn close to it?? :thinking:

I saw Seventh Son two years before it's release in a test screening.  So...I don't think you can read that much into it.

4 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I have been to test screening. You not allow to say anything. From of my test screening they took my photo next to my idea. So if say anything on social media they have proof it was you.  You are not allowed to say anything about the movie. Almost every movie has test screening months in advance. 

Ive been to test screenings.

I have a bad habit of posting about it on here.  Sorry. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Bummed to read that this takes place at a facility away at the bottom of the ocean. 

Was hoping to see big boats getting chomped on! 

Fingers crossed its still a fun B-movie. 

There's been behind the still scenes of a whale carcass on the surface for the film and very early rumblings mention the Meg terrorizing the coast of China

I hope they keep the very beginning of the book in the movie where something happens in prehistoric times. I'm sure BKB knows what im getting at.

• Like 3

Just read up the start of the book.

Spoiler

It's already been done :ph34r: (kind of)

Also Megalodon didn't live during the Cretaceous period, so it would never have met a T-Rex. But hey, it's a movie. I'll go seethe in the corner.

Edited by aabattery

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I think a teaser should come out soon. 

I wish they did it in the theater when I did the advance Shark Week at the Movies this past Tuesday.  It would  have been an easy, smart tie-in :) 

• Like 1

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 7:22 AM, IN BKB WE TRUST said:

I wonder when they'll release a trailer for this??? I was thinking maybe this Fall, Nov or Dec perhaps?? Attach it to The LAST JEDI to let everyone know what's in store for Summer 2018.. 

Image result for megalodon still alive proof 2014

The shark fin is even taller than a full grown adult. My gosh. 

Curious about this movies performance. I've seen predictions for this in this forum. 

Some had 100M+ gross and OW of 30+. 

I have a question here. Chinese -USA productions tend to bomb domestically. The Great Wall had decent gross due to matt damon but this one has Statham who is not a draw at all in NA. 

Is this based on some popular book due to which the predictions were high?