grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

26 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

My passion for this project is much in the same way FURY ROAD was to Telemacho.. Let's hope this will at least turn out 1/2 as good.. Maybe we can see Jason Statham do a rendition of this while fighting this 70 foot Great White:

6WFjtDB.gif%20alt=

If I had the time and the energy, I'd turn that into a MEG gif. :rofl:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

:rofl: Tele already beat you to this question.. No.. My 200M Plus Clubs are done, with the exception of EPISODE VIII 235M OW Club which the MODS have locked until said time to re-open it.. Something like this, I'd have to see a trailer 1st and foremost.. Like I said, there going to have to spend a decent amount of $$$ on this to make it look good, everything right down to the water FX cause that's pretty much what this will end up being is all CGI.. If the FX House that did the whale FX for IN THE HEART OF THE SEA is used for this, I'll be happy cause that's the 1 thing that was good in that movie were the whale FX.. It looked very believable... MEG is sort of going to have that uphill battle to climb in wiping out the bad taste of the dumb SyFy Channel movies in their "VS" Series...

Those SyFy movies are such dumb fun, I'm sure people can separate a serious project from something like that in their minds.

Well, let's wait for the trailer as you said, but to be honest I don't see a big market for a shark blockbuster these days.

On 21/05/2016 at 5:34 PM, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Here's a pretty good fan made movie of this, that gives me a lot of hope that with a decent budget, this could look Amazing.. Still, in my world, I feel they should spend at the very least, 300M which is pretty much going to have to be all CGI right down to the water FX.. No more scale models like when JAWS was made in 1975..

I know it's WB and they can't control budgets. But $300m....get a grip.

They should keep this to max $100m. If Statham is their biggest star, then salaries aren't going to be too big.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

100M wouldn't even begin to touch the price of the FX for the water.. Seriously, 100M for the FX would make this suck as bad as the SyFy Channel movies, so why not have a little faith in this since it's been  20 years in the making and spend some $$$$ on it to make it all the more better???

Come on, man. Deep Blue Sea cost like 50 mill, came out 20 years ago, and still looked great (except for the Sam Jackson death scene).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

100M wouldn't even begin to touch the price of the FX for the water.. Seriously, 100M for the FX would make this suck as bad as the SyFy Channel movies, so why not have a little faith in this since it's been  20 years in the making and spend some $$$$ on it to make it all the more better???

If you think the Syfy movies cost $100m you know very little.

On 5/23/2016 at 10:36 AM, Arlborn said:

Those SyFy movies are such dumb fun, I'm sure people can separate a serious project from something like that in their minds.

MegaShark vs Mechashark is the funniest shit I've ever seen

I mean, I read the books and enjoyed them and I'm looking forward to seeing this. . . . but . . . .it's about a giant  albino Godzilla shark eating people. 

Still, I'm not one to hamper someone's excitement so carry on BKB

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah, I know, right??? It's been something I've been looking forward to for a long time and quite frankly, I'm sort of happy they decided to wait til now to do it when the FX have come a long way since the days of DEEP BLUE SEA.. I mean, the movie was absurd in every way and somewhat enjoyable, but the best scene in it was this:

deep blue sea 90s samuel l jackson 

I fully expect "MEG" to top this in every way based on today's FX and how they pretty well have free reign to bring just about anything to life and make it look grounded and real...

But is Sam Jackson going to be in it?

Yeah, I didn't think so.  Deep Blue Sea forever.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I hope this is at least as absurd as DEEP BLUE SEA, but it probably won't be. 

No doubt, this movie isn't going to end with a rap song about fucking sharks.  By LL Cool J.

How can you beat that?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Below is an artist's interpretation of one of these sharks going up against the boat from JAWS(The ORCA) and what that would look like.. I've gotta say, I'd say Brody and Co. along with their boat wouldn't have made it..

Megalodon-Cryptozoologicon-John-Conway-6

Modern-day Megalodon, by John Conway. The boat might look familiar. From the soon-to-be-published Cryptozoologicon

Yeah, they probably would not have made it.  One could say...they're gonna need a bigger boat.

• Like 2