grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

That a bit of 2 conversation, does Wonder Woman open at 100m and do so well with anyone cast as the lead, safe to say that it is not the case, nailing it was a big part of the movie success, saying that is not saying that Gadot had a box office pull (she was mostly not even known at all).

Has for the movie doing better with Johnson or Diesel 2 of the biggest world stars is not a stretch:

relishmix-socialactorz2016.jpg?w=605

Sure the movie could have made more with someone else in some market, that was not that, the starting point was someone saying the movie do almost exactly the same or more regardless of who play the lead (I will imagine among the usual suspect a la Butler).

Wow.  That was a shitload better than I thought it would be.  I thought it'd just be a fun/cheezeball throwaway shark movie, but it was so much better.  It's a legit good movie Imo.   Had some great sequences, good buildup, straight forward story but the stakes were always there and was always interested in what was going on.  CGI and underwater stuff was pretty dope. Statham does statham well, cast overall did good enough.   Overall, just really pleased this was on another level than what I expected. Wondering what @baumer thought of this? 

Edited by holcs
  • Like 3

Worst movie ever and a terrible disappointment!

Even worse than Skyscraper, by far. Chinese-Hollywood movies are off to a terrible start. Makes the Shay regret he ever wanted more Chinese movies... :(

(If it's not period/kung-fu - burn it!!)

Edited by shayhiri

Also: 130m budget?? Fucking LOL - I thought the whole point of Chinese is that they are cheap??

It honestly looks like 30mil TOPS!! Even 20m! Ugly, stupid, boring mess... :(

PS: But of course stupid people are always there, lining up to see such dregs...

Have to agree, saw it tonight and it was full of really really bad acting.

I mean the action was OK, but it so funny bad in bad bad bad sort of bad way.

Why did people just keep falling in the water in every scene ?

Just all round bad.

The only positive I took away is that Bingbing Li is a babe.

Edited by AndyK

11 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Why did people just keep falling in the water in every scene ?

Cliche. This movie is full of primitive cliche.

But. It was the honest film: fun, dumb (but in a good way) and Statham is more fitting for this big giant monster flick than, for example, Chris Pratt.

p.s. This needs R and lesser budget.

Edited by KeepItU25071906