grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

It would be a shame if they didn't use it. It is bonkers no doubt, but it's one of the reasons why I loved the book when I first read it. It's a more unique idea than blowing up the shark.

Spoiler

Best yet he does it with a shark tooth, I believe.

Plus, it's Jason Statham, SO WHY NOT USE IT

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

I don't know, but to me, this is more of a Summer movie than something for Feb or March.. Clearly, they're taking their time on this to ensure it's done right... I only pray the ending of the Novel isn't used for the movie adaptation.. I would frown greatly.. :bourne:

Seems like they wanted to make Chinese New Year though. 

50 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

Yes it is... Every horror site and movie site has run this article with this photo attached.. It's from the movie..;)

I would bet money that that shot isn't in the film. It's very clearly a Photoshop job made so someone could slap it on their blog. And it's only been posted on three sites, none of which seem particularly reputable.

Edited by aabattery

On 4/19/2017 at 8:58 PM, John Marston said:

wonder if this will be R rated

also wonder if this is a serious man vs nature movie like Jaws or The Ghost and the Darkness or The Edge or a tongue in cheek type of one like Anaconda and Deep Blue Sea or Lake Placid. Probably the latter 

The Ghost and the Darkness, what an underrated movie.

I'll see this either way, but with Jason Stathom and being a Chinese co-production, I expect it to be more tongue in cheek.

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to seeing an adaptation of the book ever since I read it in 2003, BKB. I've been looking forward to this movie for ages. I'm looking forward to seeing this (despite being burnt by how many false starts the movie had to being made - from Hollywood pictures to New Line Cinema) as well as hoping it gets sequels where, like in the books, its offspring cross paths with kronosaurs and other aquatic prehistoric beasties. I want to see the giant albino shark leap out of the water at a chopper. I'm just not going to go OH MY GOD THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST THING EVER.

I also know that was an image a goddamn fan made that was reblogged by the goddamn instagram account for Meg SO THAT'S WHY I CALLED IT PHOTOSHOP.

I know that the special effects in the final film will look light years beyond what they showed in Shark Attack 3. . . . which itself was pretty much a rip-off of Meg. 

Edited by Yandereprime101189

24 minutes ago, DAARRRRR said:

I'm kind if hoping it's cheesy fun with slightly wonky effects and not manufactured cheesy looking at you Sharknado

This line makes me think they are in on the joke

What no one could have imagined is that, years before, Taylor had encountered this same terrifying creature.  Now, teamed with Suyin, he must confront his fears and risk his own life to save everyone trapped below... bringing him face to face once more with the greatest and largest predator of all time.

I hope this is good.  I still love sharks and will be swimming with them later this year.  No probably not great whites, but still should be an incredible experience. :)

no meg around to swim with either :P 

• Like 2