grim22

The Meg | Aug 10 2018 | WB-China co-production | IMAX 3D | Jon Turteltaub directing. Jason Statham fights a shark. Li Bingbing replaces Fan Bingbing.

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well I guess we were long overdue for a real surprise breakout this summer since nothing really has. IW and I2 overperformed most of the expectations, but the expectations were already huge. 

I think the best part about The Meg is that its apparently WB's biggest domestic opener this year, surpassing Ready Player One. I'm really curious to see how long it holds it.

Also, my city is apparently one of the top cities in the US where Meg is being seen at the moment.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, stephanos13 said:

To the people who have seen the movie... How was Ruby Rose? a small role or she had something to work with?

You know why I'm asking. #Batwoman

This was the first time I've seen her in anything and she didn't leave me with a big impression.  Great look but somehow not much presence. Of course, it's not her movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Statham almost sabatoged himself, running his mouth about the PG-13 rating 😂! Keep your trap shut, at least until after the first two weekends 🤣!

He's probably going to retcon some of these comments when the sequel is greenlit, and there's no way WB green lights an R rated Meg sequel after the success of this one. They're going to keep the formula in check.

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hopefully the make a sequel and make it better. 

There are more novels although The Meg isn't the kind of movie that automatically get sequels. But after this amazing OW around the world, I can see Statham and the director/crew teaming up for another big-budget monster/disaster film.

• Like 1

Saw it.

This movie was a dull fucking time.

The thing doesn’t really have any crazy gigantic CG shark action. The big water-dinosaur in the Jurassic World movies does cooler shit. On top of that when it comes time for the shark to get to killin there’s no gore, no scares, no nasty kills with limbs being torn off. The most you get is red dye in the water.

I feel as if the movie’s intention is to thrill, scare, and excite us through the ups and downs of this team of researchers, problem is I don’t give a flying fuck about any these people. They’re not interesting.

Also the less said about the black guy the better, a shameful embarrassment. The Double Toasted review called it out, I didn’t think it could be that bad, but I was wrong.

I feel the same way about this movie as I do Tomb Raider. I’ll forget every aspect in two weeks, I’ll never watch it again, and I would’ve been better off watching it at home.

Edited by AJG

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I feel the same way about this movie as I do Tomb Raider. I’ll forget every aspect in two weeks, I’ll never watch it again, and I would’ve been better off watching it at home.

Dude, you saw the movie, which you have hated before and still are hating, in OW.:hahaha: 

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Dude, you saw the movie, which you have hated before and still are hating, in OW.:hahaha: 

It’s opening weekend made me think there might be something special with the movie so I went to see it. I disliked it because it was really boring.