158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's safe to say I loved the film.

It's a Jurassic Park film not only with awesome dinosaur action (as expected), but you also get to see the island functioning as an actual theme park. About damn time.

Action sequences were definitely thrilling and VFX was great.

Minor complaints were that some dramatic moments between the brothers didn't work out so well.

Nevertheless, one of my 2015 favorites.

A

• Like 3

While not as good as Jurassic Park, Jurassic World is a fun ride.  The action scenes are excellent. Loved the homage to JP and the last fight.

Based on the reaction at my theater, this will be a crowd pleaser. 

A-

• Like 3

Really liked it, a lot more than I thought I would. Obviously not as good as THE original, but definitely much better than other two. Last act was awesome!

I liked Bryce Dallas Howard, Chris Pratt is always awesome and the kids themselves are thankfully not as annoying as I expected them to be.

It’s not a perfect film, and many will probably hate it, but for me it was the perfect summer blockbuster with a perfect mix of adventure, horror, great action and likeable characters. It’s everything I could have ever wanted from a jurassic park sequel.

A

• Like 1

Everyone is an A, B- or D so far, lol. Love the range of opinions here. 

Much better than most blockbusters which just get AAAAAAA on the forum.

A lot of problems, but a lot of fun. And it's Jurrasic Park.

7/10

Pretty much my feelings too. The film has a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't work, but at the end of the day, I had a fun time and I don't think the film's problems hold it down too much.

• Like 1

I won't be watching this at the cinema, if ever, but the range of opinions on this are surprising and interesting to me. There's always a select few who like mindless action regardless, but this reception goes beyond that.

Edited by Hatebox

Dat Aliens hommage/rip off scene.

Same set up, same direction, same concepts : subjective video cameras, flatlines, same horrified reaction shots in the control room, an army of super armed soldiers defeated by  a monster creature etc etc

Same editing.

I ve never seen quite anything like this.

Edited by The Futurist

Same set up, same direction, same concepts : subjective video cameras, flatlines, same horrified reaction shots in the control room etc etc

Same editing.

Predator 2 also copied that scene

• Like 1

Same set up, same direction, same concepts : subjective video cameras, flatlines, same horrified reaction shots in the control room, an army of super armed soldiers defeated by a monster creature etc etc

Same editing.

And yet it paled in comparison.

• Like 2

1. Gopher lied. This is not Mercedes the Movie Commercial. I noticed one obvious shot of a hood logo, maybe two at most.

2. The opening is a bit too quick getting to the park, needed to be a bit slower to let the Williams theme build. At the same time I like the direction they went with the routine, commercial nature of the park exploration.

3. The sexism attack on Howard's character is beyond ridiculous. 95% of her character is gender-neutral beyond her relationship with Pratt and a few obvious high-heel pan-up shots.

4. There was a ghost director for the final setpiece, and I know just who.

ehhh-o.gif That final fight was a total WWE affair, in the best way possible.

5. Speaking of the final setpiece, the finisher to that got a huge huge huge round of applause, the biggest applause moment I have seen in a theater since the Atomic Breath Fatality in Godzilla last year.

6. Oh yeah, Obvious Sequel Bait is Obvious Sequel Bait.

7. A couple really goofy slo-mo shots in the final setpiece.

8. JP > JW > TLW > JP III

• Like 5

This movie was so average. Better than JP3, but not even close to as good as TLW. Not even in the same stratosphere as the original. Bad writing and the action wasn't great. Still, I enjoyed it enough, I guess. Score was good and Jake Johnson was good in it as comic relief.

B-(80)

The more I think about it though, the less I like it. So disappointed. Worst movie of the Summer so far. Giving it a B- is me being generous as a huge JP fan.

Edited by Empire Out
  • Like 2

I swear to GOD, I literally lol'ed at the part when the I-Rex is about to kill Pratt at then end and then you hear a raptor call and see the slow-mo shot of Blue running in to save the day.  Unintentional hilarity at it's best.

Jesus, there is almost nothing that works in this movie, is there? 

OMFG people lost it at that scene.  So amazing....

• Like 1