Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I'm just going to list a few of my thoughts about why this movie was so dumb before this movie vanishes from my mind entirely.

The whole I-Rex escape scene is just flat out silly. I can get behind that its an intelligent animal but this is ridiculous. How does an animal know that there are heat senses monitoring it and that it can hide from them with its abilities and set up an elaborate escape plan of luring them into the cage and then escaping free when they run to escape. Its ridiculous.

As is knowing that it has a tracking bug inside it. Firstly, I highly doubt that unlike what is stated in the film that it remembers where it was put in. You are not putting a tracking bug in a fucking I-Rex unless it was under heavy sedation. Even if it somehow does remember where it was put in.....so what? How in the hell is an animal meant to know that it can be tracked by what was put inside it?

As is the I-Rex talking to the raptors and convincing them to turn on the humans. We have seen so far that it is a non stop killing machine, and now we are somehow meant to believe that despite looking completely different to the raptors, it knows that it can talk to them in a language that it apparently learnt in complete isolation away from all other animals??? WTF!?!

And that really is just the tip of the iceberg.

Christ this movie was dumb!

• Like 2

Oh my! This was so much fun! It was everything I wanted the movie to be. I wasn't expecting much (I kind of stopped expecting much after I had high expectations for TDKR) and I was suprised as to how fun Jurassic World was. Does it have flaws? I'm sure it does. But c'mon.....if you're looking for a flawless movie then don't watch it. Take the movie for what it's suppose to be.... a fun summer blockbuster! 

A- (the Mercedes Benz close ups did annoy me at times) 

• Like 1

In my opinion this is what Godzilla should have been like.  I mean, sure you can get into the technicalities of one dimensional characters, straight-foward/dumb plotting, and such, but who in their right mind actually came into Jurassic World for that.  I know I didn't.  I came into to see a fun, turn your brain off, joyride of dinosaurs terrorizing humans and other dinosaurs, and this movie delivered.  No it's not on par with Jurassic Park, but you really shouldn't expect that, so I'm not going to even bother trying to compare it to such (even with all of the throwbacks).  There were tons of crazy fun CGI action sequences that left me with a childish grin on my face throughout the whole movie (even at the unintentional hilarious moments, that for me aren't a detraction to the film because they add into the fun factor).  It keeps the film short and sweet and doesn't overstay its welcome.  It doesn't take itself to seriously (something most action blockbusters seem to do), but it doesn't treat itself like a joke either.  The I-Rex delivers, as does the Mosasaurus.  

Is the film smart? No.

Is the film vying for any serious Oscar consideration (besides maybe some VFX and sound awards)? Nope.

Is it one hell of a good time?  It sure is.

Technical quality wise it's probably about a B, but I had so much popcorn eating fun with it that I am going to be very generous and give this film a solid A

• Like 4

Now granted I haven't seen this yet, but this review sounds awfully nitpicky, don't you think??? I mean, you buried the fuck out of this movie, for what?? The lighting?? Really dude??

No-- I buried it for the other reasons I listed. The ones you read? It's a nice big list right there.

• Like 1

Gopher could walk into a candy store and hed complain the foreign African made candy wasnt where the peanut MMs were. Hell find a complaint in anything and everything. He hates movies.

• Like 2

The final Trex Raptor Andominacawhatever battle was awesome. And then when the water beast eats it.....my heart skipped. What a defining film for CGI and monster battles.

• Like 1

As is the I-Rex talking to the raptors and convincing them to turn on the humans. We have seen so far that it is a non stop killing machine, and now we are somehow meant to believe that despite looking completely different to the raptors, it knows that it can talk to them in a language that it apparently learnt in complete isolation away from all other animals??? WTF!?!

Jurassic Park established that raptors cold communicate to one another. JP III further developed that aspect. Jurassic World then established that I-Rex had Raptor DNA spliced in. Is it really that hard to accept that when I-Rex and the Raptors encounter one another for the first time they sense they are "related" and can make jabs at communicating at one another? My audience loved that bit as they slowly realized I-Rex was conscripting a goon squad.

Also, I find it rather fascinating that Bryce Dallas Howard felt the need to create a new dinosaur because of attendance being down, or that people were growing tired of dinosaurs.. In real life, that wouldn't happen an how on earth can someone be bored by living, breathing dinosaurs extinct for 65M Years and brought back to life.. No one would be bored with that.. No one..

In the movie universe the park had been open for several years by this point, so with interest generally stagnating/steady, the corporate geniuses decided that creating new dinosaurs would cause a resurgence in desire.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros
  • Like 3

I saw this last night at a preview and overall, I enjoyed the flick.

It was fun, had some good dino-action in it and I loved seeing the actual park in its glory.  The attractions, rides, the gyroball vehicle, etc were what I wanted to see and would love for the place to be real

Pratt, Omar Sy and Jack Johnson were my favorites in the film.

The kids weren't great, but they weren't bad enough to take anything away from the movie for me.

Now Bryce Dallas Howard was just bad.  No chemistry or connection with anyone (which I get was the idea at one point), but even when she 'woke up" from that phase, she was still bad.

The divorce part of the story was pretty useless.  I get it was part of the reason they ship the kids off to the park, but it really added nothing to the film.  Plus at the end, the parents are there so not even sure they got divorced or not.  So it was just not really necessary.

There's other not so great stuff but back to the good.  The last fight when they pulled out T-Rex and they all teamed up to beat the I-Rex was pretty awesome.

I like all the callbacks to the original and laughed at the Jeff Goldblum reference where his picture was on the cover of a book on the desk.

I would give it a B+ which for me, makes it the best sequel of the franchise so far.

Edit:  oh forgot to add that I saw some scenes were basically references to Predator as well.  with the camouflage and then the jumping into the water and coming out on the muddy shore ;)

Edited by 75live
  • Like 2

Jurassic Park established that raptors cold communicate to one another. JP III further developed that aspect. Jurassic World then established that I-Rex had Raptor DNA spliced in. Is it really that hard to accept that when I-Rex and the Raptors encounter one another for the first time they sense they are "related" and can make jabs at communicating at one another? My audience loved that bit as they slowly realized I-Rex was conscripting a goon squad.

Imagine you had been kept in isolation since birth and you finally broke free yesterday. What chances do feel you have in being able to communicate on any real level with other humans?

• Like 1

What a load of crap. I see no reason to watch this when you can just watch the original which is a much more tense, original film. Not to mention the characters are much more likeable and don't serve as filler for the action scenes. Besides some occasionally funny moments, homages to the original and the pteronodon scene I can't really recommend this at all. I'd definitely rank this below The Lost World, I'm yet to see JP3. 

Edited by Fanboy