Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Gopher could walk into a candy store and hed complain the foreign African made candy wasnt where the peanut MMs were. Hell find a complaint in anything and everything. He hates movies.

It's been so long since I've seen posts like this. Everything is back in place.

• Like 6

As is the I-Rex talking to the raptors and convincing them to turn on the humans. We have seen so far that it is a non stop killing machine, and now we are somehow meant to believe that despite looking completely different to the raptors, it knows that it can talk to them in a language that it apparently learnt in complete isolation away from all other animals??? WTF!?!

The I-Rex wasn't "convincing them to turn on the humans". It was simply that the I-Rex is evidently more powerful than Pratt's character, so she becomes the new alpha. And lots of animals communicate. Doesn't mean they were chatting in a foreign language.

• Like 3

I'll get a full review up later but here's a few points.

It completely makes sense that the Raptors and the I-Rex could communicate, first they have the same DNA, secondly it's written that way.  If you are into the movie, you accept it, if you aren't you don't.

Pratt owned the film, terrific human character.

I loved the Predator homage.

I loved the final kick ass battle with I-rex, Blue (I think) and T-Rex.  Epic conclusion.  Sure, Bryce would have been dead before she got back to the I-Rex, but that was another great nod to the first with the flare and the T-rex.

This is one of the best summer films I've seen.  It's everything Godzilla should have been and when the sea monster gobbles up I-Rex, I cheered.  

An absolutely awesome awesome movie.

• Like 5

Imagine you had been kept in isolation since birth and you finally broke free yesterday. What chances do feel you have in being able to communicate on any real level with other humans?

It's a movie where they clone Dinosaurs and splice their DNA.. If I can accept that, I can accept I Rex's tactics and abilities.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros
  • Like 4

My audience (admittedly only 30-40% full, but in a big cinema so probably ~100 people) clapped/cheered when the T-Rex was revealed. That might be a normal reaction in America but here in the UK, audiences don't clap to anything. I've never seen an audience cheer at anything in any movie I've ever watched - even the most fanboy driven, Avengers opening night type instances. Word of mouth is going to be excellent. It might not be as good as I hoped for, given Trevorrow's previous film, but as sheer entertainment I think it's going to do very, very well in pleasing crowds.

• Like 3

My audience (admittedly only 30-40% full, but in a big cinema so probably ~100 people) clapped/cheered when the T-Rex was revealed. That might be a normal reaction in America but here in the UK, audiences don't clap to anything. I've never seen an audience cheer at anything in any movie I've ever watched - even the most fanboy driven, Avengers opening night type instances. Word of mouth is going to be excellent. It might not be as good as I hoped for, given Trevorrow's previous film, but as sheer entertainment I think it's going to do very, very well in pleasing crowds.

Yeah no-one ever claps at UK cinemas. I experienced it once when I watch At Worlds End which funnily enough wasn't a great film lol.

• Like 1

It's a movie where they clone Dinosaurs and splice their DNA.. If I can accept that, I can accept I Rex's tactics and abilities.

Exactly.  It's also suspension of disbelief.  

Yeah no-one ever claps at UK cinemas. I experienced it once when I watch At Worlds End which funnily enough wasn't a great film lol.

I really liked World's End, not as much as Shaun of the dead but eh. I bought it on blu ray a couple of days ago to judge it again.

So, after sleeping on it, I think I know where I stand.

I liked it, a lot actually. It isn't a great film, exactly. It has a lot of flaws, some glaringly bad, but the film's highs are so well done and do their best to recapture the imaginative and thrilling feel of the original and does about as good as one could do.

Bryce Dallas Howard was pretty good, though her character in the first half of the film was kind of "meh", she does a 180 and ends up having some of the film's best moments. Chris Pratt was great, as expected. People love that guy, too. I heard a LOT of chatter behind and around me about him.

Once the plot kind of got going (coincidentally, when Pratt was introduced) things got a lot of fun. Aside for only a couple of dull sequences, it stayed on a pretty good course. I thought the ending was sort of bullshit, but fuck it, it looked cool I guess.

I give it a B-. Good film, not nearly as great as the original, but about on par with TLW.

baumer goes into a candy store and turns off all his senses-- he swallows as much candy as he can and spits out any piece that takes longer than a few seconds for him to chew.

#TeamBaumer #TeamGopher

stock-photo-22598366-stressed-businessma

Alpha goes into a candy store, but realizes he has a cholesterol problem that should be taken care of. He decides to not buy anything, go back home and spend time with friends.

#TeamAlpha

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

iJack logic here, but I think if you remove the bad parts (mostly the overcomplicated second act), AWE is pretty good. Blame the truly abysmal OST, it made me revaluate the third movie.

there is literally nothing good about At World's End. You'd have to remove every frame from the movie if you want it to be pretty good.

there is literally nothing good about At World's End. You'd have to remove every frame from the movie if you want it to be pretty good.

You're don't know what you're talking about, but since you're a kid I will let it slide ;)

Pratt owned the film, terrific human character.

I'm curious.  What to you makes him a terrific human character?  All we know about him is that he was in the Navy, he trains raptors, and went on one date with BDH.  

He doesn't change, he doesn't grow, nothing.  He is the same at the beginning and at the end.  He is just a generic hero. 

• Like 3

Jurassic World so much bloody fun! It's not going a game changer summer blockbusters, but it's not trying to be one either. A good example of a summer blockbuster movie that all the family can go see, done well. I believe it will scare the young ones in a similar fashion to what JP1 did when I was a wee nipper. Loved it.

Easily the best JP sequel and more in tone with the first film than any of the others, but bigger in scale obviously and not as revolutionary in terms of impact on cinema as the 1st. Nice balance of awe inspiring visuals, emotional moments (most specifically with the *spoilers* dying saurapod dinosaur *spoilers over*, humour (perhaps some with the veloceraptors unintentional) and just enough nostalga to give you goosebumps.

Some nice little homages to the first film too.

Favourite film of the summer so far. A happy Jurassic Park fan. The audience seemed to really dig the film, with a lot staying behind for a good portion of the credits (probably to take in the original JP music), which doesn't happen that often when theres no end of credit scene. Don't think you could expect much more from a Jurrassic Park sequel, it is what it is, and it's great fun.

9/10.

Also a question, was the guy co-pilotting the helicopter with Irrfan Khan's character in the first half of the film, the same guy who was driving the car in JP1 when John Hammond introduces the cast to their first dinosaur, the Brachiosaurus?

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 3