kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

It opens OS next week. Curious to see the numbers.

And the reviews. Reception is the key for success here really. FK doesnt need 90+ on RT, a rating on par with JW (71%) should be alright. It shoundnt go much lower though.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

And the reviews. Reception is the key for success here really. FK doesnt need 90+ on RT, a rating on par with JW (71%) should be alright. It shoundnt go much lower though.

Regarding reviews...i think it will be fine.

As long as it's not disastrous (and i don't think it will be) WOM should be good too.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This Amazon Prime publicity event is very cool. 

Huge audience waiting too, looking at Pratt’s instagram story!

I wonder if the T-rex will be there tomorrow. If so I might take a picture of it.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-19 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

9.47%

Total Seats Sold Today:       87

.1692x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after four days of pre-sales.

.1334x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 19 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

<<Black Panther comp on hold for a few days due to missing data>>

.5039x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  19 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2]

.3163x as many tickets sold as Solo after four days of pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) [Sometime next week I will switch to the "X days before release" as the comp]

For me, the Jurassic Park movies will always be a pretty special franchise, warts and all.

For those interested, this is a pretty cool 32-minute documentary on the franchise and dinosaurs, with Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jeff Goldblum, Steven Spielberg, J.A. Bayona, etc:

Peace,

Mike

• Like 7

I also think it is interesting seeing some people on the forums say that this film looks too scary for kids. Fallen Kingdom feels more, to me, like the original Jurassic Park in tone, in many ways, than Jurassic World. Jurassic World felt somewhat lacking in the suspense and the terror that is readily present in Spielberg's original.

Peace,

Mike

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I also think it is interesting seeing some people on the forums say that this film looks too scary for kids. Fallen Kingdom feels more, to me, like the original Jurassic Park in tone, in many ways, than Jurassic World. Jurassic World felt somewhat lacking in the suspense and the terror that is readily present in Spielberg's original.

Peace,

Mike

I could be wrong but I think the people who say it's too scary for kids probably don't actually have kids.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I never really got the appeal of dinosaurs.

For me, there are few things in the world that capture the imagination more than dinosaurs. They have a mythical appearance/quality like unicorns or dragons (Google Tsintaosaurus or Dracorex and you'll see the obvious similarities) except they actually existed in real life. You can say these are the most fantastic beasts that ever walked our planet. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

For me, there are few things in the world that capture the imagination more than dinosaurs. They have a mythical appearance/quality like unicorns or dragons (Google Tsintaosaurus or Dracorex and you'll see the obvious similarities) except they actually existed in real life. You can say these are the most fantastic beasts that ever walked our planet. 

That's a nice explanation but they still never did anything to me.

Speaking as someone who only vaguely remembers when Jurassic Park was first out, these movies have always been scary for little kids; I'd argue that that's always been part of their appeal for that demographic. When I was in preschool/kindergarten, the dinosaurs in the first two films were simultaneously pants-crapping terrifying and awesome, and that dichotomy still seems to hold true today.

This seems to have the least amount of focus on kids for a JP movie. JP1 and JW had the siblings in prominence. JP2 had Ian's daughter throughout the journey. JP3 had the parents looking for the son as the main plot (who btw, manages to get T-Rex pee as part of the plan to survive on the island for a few weeks).

FK has the Indoraptor terrorizing the little girl - without that it's not a JP movie - but so far the kid angle seems less in focus.

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 1