kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

2 hours ago, Ranger Tree said:

the best thing about Fallen Kingdom is that it is the first film of the 5 to actually have a different concept. with the (non-specific spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

I think people will want to come back a third time unlike with JP3 where it really was dead. If JP2 was a re-run of JP1... well JW2 is NOT a re-run of JW1.

The third film will have a severe drop from the second, this is a franchise people will get tired of very soon, if it’s not happening already, and the quality of FK will only accelerate this process.

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

His opinion seems to be the opinion of most people that have watched the film. Even the people who “liked” this film say “this was terrible in everything, story,structure, acting but it had cool Dinos”.

That’s simply false

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s simply false

No it’s not and I am talking about people defending the film, the minority everywhere in the internet and even here because most people don’t seem to have liked it. One look in this thread is enough, even most people “liking” this film are doing it using weird arguements.

This is heading to transformers territory extremely fast....

Fallen Kingdom is the sequel to the 3rd biggest DOM film of the Millenium. Since 2000, which is 18 years now unbelievably, it's TFA, Avatar, and then Jurassic World. 

It's critic-proof ... $500m DOM and well over $1.4 B WW is a guarantee.

If people do think it sucks, that backlash won't be felt at the box office until the next Jurassic film comes out.

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Fallen Kingdom is the sequel to the 3rd biggest DOM film of the Millenium. Since 2000, which is 18 years now unbelievably, it's TFA, Avatar, and then Jurassic World. 

It's critic-proof ... $500m DOM and well over $1.4 B WW is a guarantee.

If people do think it sucks, that backlash won't be felt at the box office until the next Jurassic film comes out.

Agreed, hense mentioning matrix reloaded, though I have my doubts about 500 million in the U.S but we will see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

No it’s not and I am talking about people defending the film, the minority everywhere in the internet and even here because most people don’t seem to have liked it. One look in this thread is enough, even most people “liking” this film are doing it using weird arguements.

Not really, the first film was released in the 90’s and is one of the most popular films of all time. Transformers was flash in the pan compared to this. Lol. 

It looks like its on track for $1bn + so I think you’re wrong. 

Reaction here (UK) seems positive for the most part on social media. 

We dont know anything about the WOM among the GA before we atleast see the weekend drops in the OS markets, which we dont have yet. Anecdotical evidence is totally useless like with all films.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Not really, the first film was released in the 90’s and is one of the most popular films of all time. Transformers was flash in the pan compared to this. Lol. 

What does being on track for 1+ billion have to do with anything and how is it proving me wrong ?Many transformers sequels did great at the bo too. How is transformers a flash in the pan, T3 and T4 did over a billion worldwide.

Edited by Thrylos 7

1 bln WW for FK is actually a big failure in long term perspective, it's a HUGE drop from JW, even bigger drop than TLJ from TFA percent vise and bigger drop than JP sequels from each other. It should make at least 1.2 bln to save its face, but almost 500 mln drop from JW is still pretty bad. If GA really enjoyed it, more or less, it should make at least 1.35-1.4 bln, that would be a reasonable drop from JW.

Edited by Firepower

41 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

What does being on track for 1+ billion have to do with anything and how is it proving me wrong ?Many transformers sequels did great at the bo too. How is transformers a flash in the pan, T3 and T4 did over a billion worldwide.

Because nobody ever talks about them. $402m in 2D in 2009 to $135m in 2017 with 3D...goes to show how badly the franchise aged. 

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

What weird arguments? That it's well directed? That the action scenes are thrilling and tense? That it has real stakes? These things are good reasons to like the film. I've seen it twice and enjoyed it even more the second time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Well there was that 80s transformers movie (sure it was a cartoon but it was the best one, with the talents of Leonard Nimoy, Orson Wells, Judd Nelson, Scatman Crothers and Peter Cullen still), and they sold a bunch of toys and half my neighborhood has autobot or decepticon insignias on their cars (I’m part Cuban, think it’s common in the Latin American community).

For films lacking Spielberg, John Williams etc, Transformers is a Goliath. I mean sure all the movies are terrible besides the first and half of the third but it’s a Goliath!