kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

the first jurassic world is fun it's one of those movies where i can't really see from the viewpoint of people who feel strongly either way about it. a lot of folks seemed to take it up as a "this movie represents everything wrong with hollywood" which is ridiculous and probably just because of how big it got? like if that movie wasn't such a success no one would care about what happened to the fucking babysitter jesus christ.

but also some people here were bragging about seeing it like 27 times in the cinema or whatever and i'm not about that life i've still only seen it the once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

like if that movie wasn't such a success no one would care about what happened to the fucking babysitter jesus christ.

Goldblum better address the babysitter's death in this movie. Would go a long way in securing a Best Supporting Actor BOFFY nomination. 

Jurassic World was a fun B- film that people hated on a bit too much

I think this looks like it could improve on it tho.  Has that ambition factor going for it and I loved A Monster Calls.  Goldblum's great too and I'm digging the horror vibe that they're going for.

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

Jurassic World was a fun B- film that people hated on a bit too much

I think this looks like it could improve on it tho.

It was harmless imo. It got too much hate. But this one actually looks like it can be legitimately crap.

I love it. I always wanted a JP movie with a darker tone than TLW and this is definitely going to be the darkest movie in the franchise. As a life long JP fan I couldn't be happier and will probably see it more times than JW and even fly overseas to see it early if I have to. 

Most people grew up with star wars or superheroes - I grew up with Jurassic Park & I wouldn't have it any other way. We JP fans don't get a dozen movies every year so it's a big deal when we finally get another film and it (hopefully) meets or exceeds our expectations. Thank you Universal & JA Bayona for making this happen - can't wait to see the film! 💙

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

ok yeah some of this film looks kinda dumb.

but god fucking damn it this entire board has been stanning for Infinity War for months so plz let me stan for my shitty blockbuster thx.

And you've been bitching about it and  :winomg: everyone one of those IW comments. :lol:

• Haha 1

Surprised at the hate on here, definitely not reflected on social media. 

Youtube 55k likes, 1.2k dislikes. (Don’t usually pay attention because they’re so skewered these days). 

Wonder if Marvel fans will try and attack this film because JW is bigger than any of those films. 

• Like 6

Just now, Krissykins said:

Youtube 55k likes, 1.2k dislikes. (Don’t usually pay attention because they’re so skewered these days). 

Wonder if Marvel fans will try and attack this film because JW is bigger than any of those films. 

Black Panther :D

• Thanks 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

And you've been bitching about it and  :winomg: everyone one of those IW comments. :lol:

i was wtf'ing the lists in the anticipated thread that had Infinity War on it for a while as a joke, yes.  but I mean it's literally giving you guys likes, not sure why you're getting so riled up about that.

most of my activity in the IW thread has been shitposting anyway.  stopped trying to argue with the people that disagree with my BO prediction for the film.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

i was wtf'ing the lists in the anticipated thread that had Infinity War on it for a while as a joke, yes.  but I mean it's literally giving you guys likes, not sure why you're getting so riled up about that.

most of my activity in the IW thread has been shitposting anyway.  stopped trying to argue with the people that disagree with my BO prediction for the film.

I'm not riled up - just playfully pointing out your out sized shit posting hypocrisy. B)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Triggered with Marvel 🤭

Its a rather pointless rivalry as JW sequel will come out 3 years after JW1 to make 1.3-1.5 billion while MCU has made over 6 billion in WW revenue since JW1 through thier films. 

I will watch this movie for sure and I am certain everyone will as it seems like your classic summer time blockbuster. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I am not seeing so much hate as indifference.

Problem is that JW had such a great hook in that it gave audiences something they had wanted to see since the first JP film;A Jurassic Park in full operation. JW:FK does not have that great hook  and seems to offer us little  we have not seen in the other JP films .

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1