kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Loved the trailer but couldn't help feeling like this is thematically really similar to "The Lost World" as far as Military and a rescue mission. But obviously they can't trust the corporate people in the JP Universe, they are clearly all about money just like Wayland Corp in the "Alien" Series.   But looks really dark, that's what I like about it.  But yeah, feeling shades of "The Lost World" especially with Ian coming back.  

56 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Black Panther :D

Nope... think you will find that Jurassic World adjusts to 725M, so it sold more tickets than BP.  And obviously made more OS but that goes without saying.

"If I don't make it back... remember you're the one who made me come here." Haha, that was good - made for a line that I thought was going to be a cliché but then changed course.

Movie looks like a bunch of good fun. I know I'll be checking this one out with the family, because the family can't resist this dinosaur action.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That looks pretty dumb.

The evil turtleneck asian triggering me hard.

After watching the first Jurassic park I never would've guessed in 1000 tries that BD Wong's character would become the main antagonist of the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This looks stupid, but that's okay. It also looks bad, though. Like very bad. Like SyFy channel original film level.

Also the novelty feels super gone with this, I think 300-350 DOM is reasonable. And I was one of the first people predicting huge for JW (not near THAT huge, lest I give myself too much credit). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

This looks stupid, but that's okay. It also looks bad, though. Like very bad. Like SyFy channel original film level.

Also the novelty feels super gone with this, I think 300-350 DOM is reasonable. And I was one of the first people predicting huge for JW (not near THAT huge, lest I give myself too much credit). 

The trailer views tomorrow will probably determine where I place it in my summer game preseason. The general response to both trailers is super mixed

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yawn. People were saying the same “it looks like a Sci Fi channel  movie”  about the first 

and as if this director and other talented people behind this movie are going to let it be at that level of quality 

• Like 3

I'm still there day one, but something seems a bit off with it. Dunno. Feel like I should be a little more grabbed by the trailers than I have been so far.

Also, for your consideration: Jurassic World: The Lost Park.

• Like 1

with BD Wong was it literally just "whoever from the original cast actually picks up the phone they're our bad guy" when they were making the first jurassic world? if it had been one of the kids would they be the bad guys? kinda like scrappy doo as the bad guy.

47 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hot take JA Bayona bad, can we stop using that as an indicator of quality people?

the impossible and a monster calls are legit two of the worst movies of the 2010s. trash, trash, trash.

the orphanage is good tho.

• Disbelief 1