kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

They were critic-proof until GA started vomiting after watching them. If you feed your audience piece of shit after piece of shit, they'll stop watching them, sooner or later. That's what happened with Transformers, Pirates, Star Wars and many other franchises. Average Joe is patient, but even his patience has its limits. JW:FK was a colossal piece of shit, so I won't be surprised if JW3 will drop like a rock from it and let's see how this one will drop from the first JW.

Said the guy who thought Wonder Woman was crap....but eh, to each his own. Always wishing the next film to fail because ones opinion is more relevant than others. Just wishful thinking, eh. Boy, do you never fail to amuse me.

It just screams ”I hated this film, so i want the sequel to do much, much less, because this was a piece of shit. I want it to, i want it to!” Yeah....screams desperate wishful thinking everyday, from someone who assumes being smarter than what you really are. And don’t even try giving me the obvious expositonal....,intellectual crap i don’t want to hear, even from other snobs.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Said the guy who thought Wonder Woman was crap....but eh, to each his own.

And it was crap, I just don't ingore its obvious flaws because of some kind of political agenda like others do.

Always wishing the next film to fail because ones opinion is more relevant than others. Just wishful thinking, eh. Boy, do you never fail to amuse me.

I wanted this movie to be good, I'm huge fan of JP trilogy,  I liked JW, but this one was absolutely terrible, you just can't ignore how shitty the second half of it was, it's unacceptably low level of quality for a big budget movie. If you gave this movie 8+/10, then you should reconsider your marks to Uwe Boll and Asylum movies, it's on the same level, just much bigger budget.

It just screams ”I hated this film, so i want the sequel to do much, much less, because this was a piece of shit. I want it to, i want it to!” Yeah....screams desperate wishful thinking everyday, from someone who assumes being smarter than what you really are.

I want this one to fail at BO, so they would stop ruining the frachise, reconsider some things and fire Trevorrow. And BO results will say if I'm right, not some weird people on forum who like eating garbage like this one and WW.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

And it was crap, I just don't ingore its obvious flaws because of some kind of political agenda like others do.

Because you always speak like you know what you’re talking about....when clearly it’s dull as a rock. 

I wanted this movie to be good, I'm huge fan of JP trilogy,  I liked JW, but this one was absolutely terrible, you just can't ignore how shitty the second half of it was. If you gave this movie 8+/10, then you should reconsider your marks to Uwe Boll and Asylum movies, it's on the same level, just much bigger budget.

Blah, blah, blah....more expositionary talking with no emotions and personality whatsoever.

I want this one to fail at BO, so they would stop ruining the frachise, reconsider some things and fire Trevorrow. And money will say it, not some weird people who like eating garbage like this one and WW.

Oh, so you can be happy if it fails. well...sorry to disappoint you but it ain’t happening...whenever you accept it or not. I don’t care if you want it to fail. You aren’t smarter than everyone on this planet, you know? Again...you’re being desperate...like some other desperate folks as well.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Seriously, that Firepower-clud is such a joykiller with the obvious & unnatural way of commenting negatively and assumes he wants anything next to underperform. 😡

I want this one to fail for good reasons, I don't hate everything like you assume, you've probably seen just a few of my messages. And by JW:FK fail I mean huge drop from the previous movie, not a bomb. If it makes around 1 bln WW, it's TLJ level drop, which would say a lot about its reception. Let's see what will happen in few weeks. And considering you write total nonsense in replies to my messages, I see no reason for further discussions about it.

I'm really starting to think this isn't going to be able to break out of the 130-150 range for OW on either side. And I'm starting to think I2 is going to have a 160/550 run so 140/380 should be really good for this. 

15 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I want this one to fail for good reasons, I don't hate everything like you assume, you've probably seen just a few of my messages. And by JW:FK fail I mean huge drop from the previous movie, not a bomb. If it makes around 1 bln WW, it's TLJ level drop, which would say a lot about its reception. Let's see what will happen in few weeks. And considering you write total nonsense in replies to my messages, I see no reason for further discussions about it.

Total nonsense? Are you a freaking stoick or something? You assume that everything you say are complete facts...when they should be treated as what they should be: opinions. And now, you’re lecturing me about writing nonsense? Don’t you even know what this site is?

You think we people are so dumb for giving movies you hate, so much money that it depresses you? Audiences aren’t idiots you know. We’re allowed to enjoy what we like. And just because you didn’t like this movie and want this to fail....does not mean that it will happen and you treating your wish of it failing as a fact for your own....dullness.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The funny thing is, most people predicted something like 250-350M DOM for the first JW before it came out.

I mean, i created this (little bit) lunatic 500M DOM club for both this and Incredibles, so i gotta stick to it, even having seen the movie and thinking that it wont be getting the insanely good WOM of JW. But before we atleast have the Preview numbers, i will still believe it! :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Does that match the drop we see in most "mature market", if so I would feel good about it also.

We only know about the o/w so far not the legs.  But around a 35-40% drop o/w like in most of Europe's larger markets would not surprise me - which would mean around a $130m o/w - the low end of current tracking.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

We only know about the o/w so far not the legs.  But around a 35-40% drop o/w like in most of Europe's larger markets would not surprise me - which would mean around a $130m o/w - the low end of current tracking.

In France it dropped 28% and the UK 33%. It doesn’t have to drop that much at all

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

In France it dropped 28% and the UK 33%. It doesn’t have to drop that much at all

That 33% must be dollars to dollars.

The exchange rate has changed a lot. Especially for the pound. 

In pounds its more like 25%. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah I was using dollars from a 30m to 20m opening 

Why? 

To show the difference in exchange rate? 

I thought you were talking about actual box office in the market, like actual audience size. 

Which is £19.9m to £14.9m. A 25% drop.  

Dollars would be a really deceiving comparison due to the exchange rate plummet. 

Edited by Krissykins