kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

49 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This is starting to feel like an IMDB message board. And thats not good lol.

So many replies I could give here.  Some funnier than others. ;) 

Instead I'll simply say:  You have my sympathies.  Hopefully the next few weeks here won't be that bad. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

For those who have seen FK, is there a comparable scene to the above in it?

No. There are many stupid moments and character decisions, but not next-level stupid like that one.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Firepower said:

I want to ask some questions to Trevorrow, Bayona and Universal execs: why do dinosaurs look like a pile of crap in both JW and JW:FK? Why decades old trilogy has much better visual effects than 2015-2018 movies with much bigger budget? Animatronics in JW:FK are on the level of Carnosaur movie series, they are so shitty, Stan Winston would have been ashamed if he had seen that shit. And creature VFX in JW:FK looks like a decade old video-game in some places. Indoraptor looks like he escaped from Asylum movie. That's just embarassing, it's unnacceptable for a movie with this budget. So does that mean both Trevorrow and Bayona are terrible directors? Or the real budget of both JW is much lower and Universal uses the franchise as money laundrey, so VFX is done by cheap 3rd world country companies? Or maybe both reasons? In any case, that's really sad.

Carnosaur? Asylum? You're comparing the effects to those films. . . . seriously?

Coming from someone who has seen the Carnosaur movies multiple, MULTIPLE times due to them airing on TV back in the day a lot, as well as sitting though numerous Asylum and Syfy movies, you have the worst possible examples to compare the effects of this film to.

Carnosaur's effects, the animatronic dinosaurs, look like kid's toys. And for the Asylum, this is their version of dinosaurs.

Also, funny story, the people who do the effects in World and Fallen Kingdom ARE THE EXACT SAME STUDIO THAT DID THEM FOR THE PREVIOUS  JURASSIC PARK FILMS, ILM.

8 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Carnosaur? Asylum? You're comparing the effects to those films. . . . seriously?

Coming from someone who has seen the Carnosaur movies multiple, MULTIPLE times due to them airing on TV back in the day a lot, as well as sitting though numerous Asylum and Syfy movies, you have the worst possible examples to compare the effects of this film to.

Carnosaur's effects, the animatronic dinosaurs, look like kid's toys. And for the Asylum, this is their version of dinosaurs.

Also, funny story, the people who do the effects in World and Fallen Kingdom ARE THE EXACT SAME STUDIO THAT DID THEM FOR THE PREVIOUS  JURASSIC PARK FILMS, ILM.

can't wait for the scene in Fallen Kingdom that apparently looks as bad as this

Call me a junkie but whatever the Universal executives were tripping on when they greenlit this script, when they said "yep this is where we want the next Jurassic Park movie to go", I want it, I want lots of it and I want it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Call me a junkie but whatever the Universal executives were tripping on when they greenlit this script, when they said "yep this is where we want the next Jurassic Park movie to go", I want it, I want lots of it and I want it now.

Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly handed them the first draft and they only read the parts that had dinosaur action and they said "good job guys it's a greenlight!". 

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

So the Dino CGI Is great ,but the script leaves a lot to be desired?

You will understand when you watch the film. Can't explain without spoilers. I am not talking about dialogue or certain points in the film when I say "this script", I mean the entire premise and idea behind most of the film. None of it is revealed in the trailers fyi, the trailers would have you believe the film is about saving dinosaurs from the island. Spoiler alert - it's not.

If you want to be spoiled and understand then you can PM me or make a post in the review thread or maybe just read the Wikipedia plot summary I dunno.

Edited by Ranger Tree

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

in addition to Jurassic World which got a 3 multiplier and had audiences flocking to see it over and over. I mean I am not saying it is a perfect movie but it is clear most people liked it

I think JW had a great hook in that it showed a Jurassiac Park in full operating mode...something people wanted to see since the first film (and the only question is why it took them until the fourth film to get there). FK does not have that hook.

But FK looks like is back to just Dinos chasing people, and that wil get a "been there, done that" with a lot of people who did go see JW.

Oh, FK will still make a lot of money ,but I doubt it's going to do what JW did.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So the Dino CGI Is great ,but the script leaves a lot to be desired?

Basically, the whole "plot" is extremely dumb.

Coming from someone who loved both JW and now Fallen Kingdom you basically need to give your brain a rest for 2 hours and then the film is extremely enjoyable. The moment you think about this whole scenario the film gets worse lol. Its nonsensical, but this is also the fifth fucking JP movie. Considering the limitations they had to handle due to that fact, id say the thing could have been WAY worse. 

• Haha 2