kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Had the Cleveland Cavaliers taken the NBA Finals this year to 7 games with either ABC or TNT, there would have been a lot of newer tv trailers for Jurassic World - Fallen. 

Game 5 - Monday, June 11

Game 6 - Thursday, June 14

Game 7 - Sunday , June 17

Spoiler

***I have not seen the movie, do not wish to share or know spoilers,

Spoiler

but perhaps there would have been one of the Tyrannosaur possibly being lifted and rescued from the ocean.  I believe this would be suggesting what comes next with spoiling a possible trailer, but I have no intention of further suggesting plot material.

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-4 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

21.58%

Total Seats Sold Today:          220

.2543x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 4 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5783x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 4 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.6083x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  4 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.5972x as many tickets sold as Solo 4 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) 

26% of IW puts his at a 67m OW

58% of BP puts it at 118m OW

60% of DP 2 puts it at 77m OW

60% of Solo puts it at a 50m OW

I think it’s safe to say JWFK will be more walk up friendly then all of these with the exception of possibly BP. 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-3 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

23.75%

Total Showings Added Today:    7

Total Seats Added Today:      834

Total Seats Sold Today:         443

.2843x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 3 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.6366x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 3 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.6576x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  3 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.6736x as many tickets sold as Solo 3 days before release (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

A narrator can make all the difference in the world 😂. Was watching this NatGeo doc, and he's talking about the tiger. Goes, they're solitary. However, there is an occasion where it tolerates the company of other animals-when it's KILLING them 😂

Anyway, I dunno...you're going from a huge Indominus Rex to a less intimidating Raptor...could possibly be met with disappointment, effecting the legs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

A narrator can make all the difference in the world 😂. Was watching this NatGeo doc, and he's talking about the tiger. Goes, they're solitary. However, there is an occasion where it tolerates the company of other animals-when it's KILLING them 😂

Anyway, I dunno...you're going from a huge Indominus Rex to a less intimidating Raptor...could possibly be met with disappointment, effecting the legs.

a lot of things in the film are on a smaller scale than the first one.

like in the first one you had the T-Rex which is the biggest scariest most famous dinosaur... so in the second one the only way to go bigger was have 2 T-Rexes.

Edited by Avatree

if this one opens below 165 (-21% from jw1...or worse), Uni's marketing fucked up big time.

if ow itself is down more than 20%, sequelitis pretty much ensures that the dom could be down 35-40%.

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

if this one opens below 165 (-21% from jw1...or worse), Uni's marketing fucked up big time.

if ow itself is down more than 20%, sequelitis pretty much ensures that the dom could be down 35-40%.

Aside from pre-sales and tracking, looking at openings in the U.K. Germany, France and Italy - a 35% drop in the U.S.  would seem far more likely than a 21% drop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, a2k said:

Or maybe they just got lucky with JW1.

• Like 3

Jurassic World 1 is freaking awesome, as far as entertainment value goes at least. Honestly, who cares if this drops 40-50 percent from the first on OW, it's not like the franchise has 10 more potential movies riding on this. They should be good for the 1 more planned movie and that should be good for this series for at least the next 20 years until the next inevitable reboot. 

Until then, I'm going to see this first chance I get and stuff my face with popcorn, root beer and sour patch kids and have a great time

• Like 2