kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 hour ago, xxoo said:

Anything above 135 is huge for this. Opening in this crowded week during World Cup and in this all Disney era is a success in itself .

That makes no sense.

US doesn't care about World Cup and how the hell Disney affects FK's OW?

• Like 2

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-2 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

25.19%

Total Showings Added Today:    27 (13 non reserved seating showings added)

Total Seats Added Today:      1498

Total Seats Sold Today:            551

.3172x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 2 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.6486x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 2 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.6722x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  2 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.7607x as many tickets sold as Solo 2 days before release (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

59% on RT. It's rotten now. :ohmygod:

Think it'll end up ~55% considering American critics are even more harsh than their foreign counterparts..

No they aren’t. The U.K. critics are certainly more harsh. 

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

2015-2018 Franchises Stock Evolution :

Avengers : Up

Jurassic World : Down

Ant-Man : Up

Mission Impossilbe : About flat ?

Ant-Man was tiny compared to Avengers and Jurassic World, the other two films made more in 3 days than Ant-Man did in its entire 4 month run lol. Not hard to increase.

54 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

No they aren’t. The U.K. critics are certainly more harsh. 

Ant-Man was tiny compared to Avengers and Jurassic World, the other two films made more in 3 days than Ant-Man did in its entire 4 month run lol. Not hard to increase.

American critics are harsher

I just think it was the right time for Jurassic Park to make a big comeback and it ended up being good/entertaining and blew the fuck up.  So I don't believe the sequel is meant to recapture that moment. It can't do it.  People love dinosaurs,  this will be a big hit but it doesn't have the time elapsed and the nostalgia behind it.  

I think it opens to about $145M.  

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

This is not true to be honest. Look at:

Fifty shades of grey, mission impossible 2 to- 3, kong fu panda, terminator from 2 to 3, x-men First class dropper hard from xmen the last stand.

Movie decrease all the time from the $500m markt, it's a hard thing to do and many movies would be happy to increase from 0.5B.

• Like 1

hobbit 2 showed only a 15% drop from hobbit 1. similar story of a long wait of 10 years, an okay/good but not great 1st movie. hobbit 2 retained the audience well dom and very well os. but then it had the smaug hook. jw2 doesn't have that one selling point.

Edited by a2k

1 hour ago, a2k said:

hobbit 2 showed only a 15% drop from hobbit 1. similar story of a long wait of 10 years, an okay/good but not great 1st movie. hobbit 2 retained the audience well dom and very well os. but then it had the smaug hook. jw2 doesn't have that one selling point.

I wouldn't describe Smaug as a "hook".

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

This is not true to be honest. Look at:

Fifty shades of grey, mission impossible 2 to- 3, kong fu panda, terminator from 2 to 3, x-men First class dropper hard from xmen the last stand.

Movie decrease all the time from the $500m markt, it's a hard thing to do and many movies would be happy to increase from 0.5B.

dont think it is much dispute that it's harder for a film to increase/expand if it starts from a much higher point...

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I wouldn't describe Smaug as a "hook".

dont think it is much dispute that it's harder for a film to increase/expand if it starts from a much higher point...

I don't dissagree with saying it easier to increase from a smaller total, obviously it is a fair bit easier to do so...

No where did I say it's not harder to do for a bigger movie. But it's not easy to increase from $500m many movie decreased from that mark, it's not a given. That is what I was saying.

Edited by pepsa

I take back everything I wrote about the budget, the movie definitely doesn’t seem more expensive than the reported 170 million budget. It looks cheap and it is a very small-scaled film, after the first 20-30 minutes. The marketing is hugely misleading .

Also at 57% rotten already and deserves to be much lower, it is the BvS of the Jurassic franchise and it is daaaaaark, not emotionally but literally dark just like bvs 90% of the film takes place in the dark.

JP>JW>>>JP3>>>>>>>JP2>>>>JW2.

Edited by Thrylos 7

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm enjoying the RT right now. Even if it's a bad film in its own right I'm going to take it as partly paying for the sins of its predecessor.

Let me guess? You’re gonna hate it like every other JP-sequel you have seen? :kitschjob:

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

What “sins”?

The last film didn’t have a very negative RT-score. It was the second highest rated of the JP-franchise.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34