kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

What “sins”?

Being utter shite. (But you knew I meant that 😝)

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Let me guess? You’re gonna hate it like every other JP-sequel you have seen? 

I'll make you deal: when they finally make a good JP sequel, I'll like it. You surely can't say fairer than that? 😀

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, Universal has already planned a sixth film in 2021, judging by the post-credits scene in FK. So there are possibilities. 😉😎

Damn, you quoted me before my edit - I of course meant to say 'sequel' rather than 'movie'. But yes: joking aside this franchise's only hope is in doing something radically different. No more idiots going back the island for ridiculous reasons. Also, it's fine to lean into the schlockier aspects but it's still got to have a good script, so fire Trevorrow.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Thanks 2

The first film was a joy for me, I really liked it. Hollow but enjoyable with cute characters and even its story is like citizen Kane-caliber compared to the second . Vincent d’onofrio is like a million times more charismatic that JW2 villains.

I wonder, after the 1.7 billion the first one made, why universal didn’t go crazy with the sequel . Get great actors to play the villains, have a wild, epic story , make a spectacle . They cheapened out to save a few tens of million of $$ and will loose much more with the franchise’s decline and the poor taste this is leaving/will leave to many viewers. 

First the horrible mummy film (another movie with a terrible story) that sunk t(e planned dark universe , now this....wth universal ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The hell? People are being very cruel to this film. Even those who didn’t like the last film, are armed and ready to hate this one even more? Christ. :gold:

Because it's much worse than JW, so people who didn't like JW will obviously hate JW2 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Damn, you quoted me before my edit - I of course meant to say 'sequel' rather than 'movie'. But yes: joking aside this franchise's only hope is in doing something radically different. No more idiots going back the island for ridiculous reasons. Also, it's fine to lean into the schlockier aspects but it's still got to have a good script, so fire Trevorrow.

wAaw7mX.jpg

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Because it's much worse than JW, so people who didn't like JW will obviously hate JW2 😉

Looool this  movie will be a nightmare to sit through for people that didn’t like the first one ....

17 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

59% on RT. It's rotten now. :ohmygod:

Think it'll end up ~55% considering American critics are even more harsh than their foreign counterparts..

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

No they aren’t. The U.K. critics are certainly more harsh. 

What do you say now :shades:

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

The funny thing is that it's an official concept art to one of the failed versions of Jurassic Park 4. It was drawn in 2002 for Joe Johnston's script, the first attempt to make JP4, and described as a franchise killer. Concept artist wrote on his instagram that Spielberg rejected that version as soon as he saw concept art, without even reading the script. But Spielberg was still trying to make JP4 with military dino-human hybrids after that. And judging by JW:FK setup, I guess we'll finally see human-dino hybrids in JW3...

Mods? 

Thread ban for spoilers? 

:)

55%

1 minute ago, a2k said:

55%

I feel like WOM would have to suck for this to miss 2.55x in the dead of summer. 

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I feel like WOM would have to suck for this to miss 2.55x in the dead of summer. 

Even though The Mummy (which did suck) managed 2.5x last year, it wasn't a direct sequel and had only 32 ow. So for a sequel opening 130-150 2.55x would not need the movie to suck really. Thor3 did 2.58x last November.

Edited by a2k

Just now, a2k said:

The Mummy managed 2.5x last year but that wasn't a direct sequel and had only 32 ow. So for a sequel opening 130-150 2.55x would not need the movie to suck really. Thor3 did 2.58x last November.

Mummy had abysmal WOM though. Not a great comparison. If this were a CBM sequel, then  a 2.55x multi would make sense. But otherwise it should have better legs in the middle of summer. 

29 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Did you really edit your post... and get rid of everything EXCEPT the spoilers?!

There are no spoilers in my post, Krissy is a troll, I barely mentioned the movie. I edited out coversation about old version of JP4 because I'd discuss it in the other thread.

Edited by Firepower