kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

One thing going for JK:FK.  It's "Want to see" score has hardly budged since the RT score was first rolled out.  Moved from 99 to 98, which is pretty insignificant.  

Now I know better than anyone to read too much into the WTS metric.  But it is a bit interesting nonetheless.

• Thanks 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Tracking thread is locked so I just wanted to apologize if I lashed out at you in there.  I’ve been trying to stay calm because it’s always distressing when a film I’m excited for seems to be underperforming, and i lost my cool.  Sorry about that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

One thing going for JK:FK.  It's "Want to see" score has hardly budged since the RT score was first rolled out.  Moved from 99 to 98, which is pretty insignificant.  

Now I know better than anyone to read too much into the WTS metric.  But it is a bit interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, WTS score has always been useless, even with Solo since that was obviously trolled. 

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Tracking thread is locked so I just wanted to apologize if I lashed out at you in there.  I’ve been trying to stay calm because it’s always distressing when a film I’m excited for seems to be underperforming, and i lost my cool.  Sorry about that.

@CoolioD1 i love you too

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Universal shot themselves in the foot not releasing the film day and date everywhere. 

i forgot not everyone here has seen it yet, much like i've already forgotten most of this film.

• Like 1

I am really curious about Chris Pratt's career path post [his arguable] stardom.

He really has not had any hit that could be considered his and his alone (has he?)...

GOTG is pure MCU brand recognition and superhero craze, JW was all about the dinos and nostalgia, and does anyone care about or even remember Passengers and the western remake he made with Denzel?

I like the guy and think he is charming as heck; he is still young enough to get more chances to prove his mettle as a box office draw.

3 minutes ago, StevenG said:

I am really curious about Chris Pratt's career path post [his arguable] stardom.

He really has not had any hit that could be considered his and his alone (has he?)...

GOTG is pure MCU brand recognition and superhero craze, JW was all about the dinos and nostalgia, and does anyone care about or even remember Passengers and the western remake he made with Denzel?

I like the guy and think he is charming as heck; he is still young enough to get more chances to prove his mettle as a box office draw.

He doesn't exactly have a lot of range so I'd say he's doing pretty much what he's meant to atm.

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

Really? The international numbers have been great so far. 

think he's talking more about domestic. I'm not sure why its 2 weeks late in the US to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

think he's talking more about domestic. I'm not sure why its 2 weeks late in the US to be honest. 

Deadpool 2 originally had that slot. There was also probably a theater deal where Solo would get at least two weeks guaranteed IMAX.

Edited by Mekanos

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Deadpool 2 originally had that slot. There was also probably a theater deal where Solo would get at least two weeks guaranteed IMAX.

DP2 had the week before originally. But yes, originally trying to avoid competition from Solo and DP2 is likely why this didn't come out the O8 weekend. 

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: PREMIERE NIGHT - MID DAY UPDATE [12:00pm - 12:45pm PDT]

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

36.11%

Total Seats Sold Since Last Night:            761

.4031x as many tickets sold as Infinity War mid-day of release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.7107x as many tickets sold as Black Panther mid-day of release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.7209x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  mid-day of release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.9340x as many tickets sold as Solo mid-day of release (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales) 

[More detailed breakdowns of the mid-day reports for the other films when the Tracking thread reopens)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1