kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

I thought this movie was excellent.

I had an absolute blast watching it, with great directing ideas from Bayona, great set pieces, spectacle, VFX, chemistry with the two leads.

The "ST00pid St00pidity" arguments on this amuse me.

You would have to prove to me the premise of the first film and the whole franchise was clever in the first place.

Good luck with that, folks.

Spoiler

I loved that little dino who uses his head as a weapon, I want the same pet.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You would have to prove to me the premise of the first film and the whole franchise was clever in the first place.

Hum did you find 1933 King Kong premise a clever idea for a movie ?

What would proving that the high concept of Jurassic Park was clever could look like ? Maybe pointing out that it was the biggest world box office of all time ? Concept that lead itself to nice spectacle, a very complex movie villain in John Hammond, intriguing what if Sci-fi that plug itself to the nice classic dangerous to play god story meme + the nature find a way/"chaos theory".

The different tool used in the first movie to make the very long exposition needed were extremely clever imo, the blocking and production design of the exposition scene, the script/pacing, they were all film school lesson stuff / all time great.

23 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Hum did you find 1933 King Kong premise a clever idea for a movie ?

What would proving that the high concept of Jurassic Park was clever could look like ? Maybe pointing out that it was the biggest world box office of all time ? Concept that lead itself to nice spectacle, a very complex movie villain in John Hammond, intriguing what if Sci-fi that plug itself to the nice classic dangerous to play god story meme + the nature find a way/"chaos theory".

The different tool used in the first movie to make the very long exposition needed were extremely clever imo, the blocking and production design of the exposition scene, the script/pacing, they were all film school lesson stuff / all time great.

Hammond may have been more antagonistic in the novel, but he was practically Santa Claus in the film. 

Jurassic isn't really known for strong human villains, unless you count Nedry, who is a bumbling oaf.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

Hammond may have been more antagonistic in the novel, but he was practically Santa Claus in the film. 

There is room about him being a bad/good guy, when he start talking about remaking a new park right away at the end he goes a bit on the bad side, the fact that he is such a beautiful person outside that terrible ambition flaw make him a complex one and not mustache twirl villain, I doubt many capitalist "villain" think they are, present themselves as such or seen as such by their entourage.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report:  PREMIERE NIGHT - FINAL REPORT [5:30pm - 6:15pm]

(sellouts for THIS REPORT ONLY includes ALL theaters with six or less seats left)

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

45.41%

Total Sellouts Added Since 1pm:         1

Total Seats Sold Since 1pm:           1275

.4731x as many tickets sold as Infinity War at final tracking report.

.7685x as many tickets sold as Black Panther at final tracking report.

.7658x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  at final tracking report. 

1.0758x as many tickets sold as Solo at final tracking report. 

One showing had five seats left and was manually adjusted to a sellout, FTR.

====

More detailed Final comps:

IW:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

86.84%

Total Seats Sold Since 1pm(ish):          878

BP:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

70.59%

Total Seats Sold Since 1pm(ish):         1135

DP2:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

49.32%

Total Seats Sold Since 1pm(ish):        1262

Solo:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

42.81%

Total Seats Sold Since 1pm(ish):         486

• Like 1

So it's no secret that I was bonkers over JW (16 times in the theater) but FK is better in every possible way. Bayona is a craftsman and he got the most out of the cast. I like Trevorrow but Bayona is on a whole different level. Love the creepiness he brought to the film. It's my new favorite of the JP/JW films.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1