kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Jurassic Park - very strong 9/10

The Lost World - 7/10

Jurassic Park III - 5/10

Jurassic World - weak 5/10

Fallen Kingdom - 3/10

This series since the very first sequel is getting worse and worse with each installment.

Regardless of the movie's quality, or lack thereof, it's been a strangely boring one to follow on this forum - as the meager size of this thread perhaps attests. No real elation or meltdowns. 

Edited by Hatebox

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Regardless of the movie's quality, or lack thereof, it's been a strangely boring one to follow on this forum - as the meager size of this thread perhaps attests. No real elation or meltdowns. 

The movie isn’t doing anything remarkable at the box office in either a good or bad way. It’s performing decently while having a huge drop, what most sane people expected. It’s quality is all over the place, but it’s just an indifferent movie (and franchise) for people to either bash or defend to death. This isn’t justice league or TLJ, it’s more of a “who cares ?” type of movie and box office run.

Edited by Thrylos 7

I'm gonna have to take back a lot of my positives in my initial reaction to this thing.

The second time around I just can't take it. This shit is piss poor. All the problems i had initially just became bigger problems. 

14 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

amazing?? the first 1 did 1,6b and franchise movies usually do better than the previous one

Sequels to break-out hits decline usually, not increase. Thats a basic rule of box office you know. Films like Catching Fire are the exception, not the rule.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TombRaider said:

amazing?? the first 1 did 1,6b and franchise movies usually do better than the previous one

More common to go down no, just last year:

Last Jedi (2068->1332)

Furious 8 (1516->1236)

Despicable me 3 (971->1035, but Minions did 1159 between the 2)

Pirates (1045->795)

Guardian 2 (773->864)

Thor 3 (645->854)

Justice League (873->658)

Transformer Last Knight (1104->605)

Logan (415->619)

Planet of the apes (711->491)

Kingsman (414->411)

Car 3 (562->384)

50 shades (571->377)

This year, Solo, Deadpool 2, Pacific Rim, 50 shades, Jurassic Park, Maze Runner, Paddington will go down Avengers, Incredible 2 will go up, not sure for Ocean 8 but could end up below 13 that made 311m ?

Anyway you get the rough idea.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Sequels to break-out hits decline usually, not increase. Thats a basic rule of box office you know. Films like Catching Fire are the exception, not the rule.

ask tdk, catching fire, future days, new moon, captain america 2, thor 2, iron man 2 etc

barnack i meant blockbuster sequels to a first part not just a random forth or fifth sequel

Edited by TombRaider

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

ask future days, captain america 2, thor 2, iron man 2 etc

Kinda hard for those films to go down when their bars were set low in the first place. 

JW was at $1.6B. Of the films you’ve listed, their original film didn’t even sniff a billion. That’s not to say their grosses were bad...just that it’s a lot easier to see increases when your line to cross is lower. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

ask tdk, catching fire, future days, new moon, captain america 2, thor 2, iron man 2 etc

barnack i meant blockbuster sequels to a first part not just a random forth or fifth sequel

These are bullshit examples and you (should) know that. Do you really think you can compare the increases from 200-500M WW grossers to that of a 1,6B grossing film? Then you are lost, simply put.

JW is the fifth-highest grossing film of all time. An increase was never expected for Fallen Kingdom and everyone that hasnt lost a sense for realism knows this.

Im very tired right now so i may appear a bit aggressive, but i frankly dont see the point in a discussion with such an obvious answer.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

These are bullshit examples and you (should) know that. Do you really think you can compare the increases from 200-500M WW grossers to that of a 1,6B grossing film? Then you are lost, simply put.

JW is the fifth-highest grossing film of all time. An increase was never expected for Fallen Kingdom and everyone that hasnt lost a sense for realism knows this.

Im very tired right now so i may appear a bit aggressive, but i frankly dont see the point in a discussion with such an obvious answer.

What’s funny to me is that the same people on this forum who say JWFK should see an increase are the same ones who say that JW was a mediocre film. So why on the earth would the sequel to a “mediocre” film see an increase 🤔 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

What’s funny to me is that the same people on this forum who say JWFK should see an increase are the same ones who say that JW was a mediocre film. So why on the earth would the sequel to a “mediocre” film see an increase 🤔 

Some people like to shit on some films/franchises. They dont want to say anything positive about the subject so they try to find ways to appear as if the film in question is doing bad. Its also called trolling.

• Like 2

even as someone hoping for 500 dom, 325 china, 675 os-china for 1500 or more...ahem...1200+ is a solid result. Less than 30% drop from a uncharacteristic break-out JW1 is something but can't help but feel they left money on the table. TA2 (1405) was 7.5% down from TA1 (1519) and was not prepared for more than a 10-20% drop for JW2 a couple of months back. That said 1200+ is once again a huge number for a movie with prod budget of under 200.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Some people like to shit on some films/franchises. They dont want to say anything positive about the subject so they try to find ways to appear as if the film in question is doing bad. Its also called trolling.

Like that post in the weekend thread that said the movie budget should have been $250M to make a better movie but we all know if the budget was $250M they’d take it as an opportunity to talk shit about how the movie may not be “profitable” 

:hahaha:

• Like 1