kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Is there anything scheduled to release that day?

Lego Movie 2 was originally but moved up a week about a month or two ago. I'm guessing studios are assuming Disney will put a Star Wars film there but I think Disney will opt for December since Avengers IW is only three weeks before.

Edited by Jonwo

Some good creature feature movies coming out with decent box office success the last few years. Pacific Rim, Godzilla 2014, Jurassic World, Skull Island, Pacific Rim II, Godzilla 2, Jurassic World 2, Godzilla 3.

Is the "creature feature" genre the new competition to super hero films?

• Like 1

People want the jungle. They don't want dino's in the middle east fighting wars. cmon now.

JW2's plot should be simple like a family on a plane crashes onto an island full of dinosaurs. They have to depend on Owen to survive. ;)

Some good creature feature movies coming out with decent box office success the last few years. Pacific Rim, Godzilla 2014, Jurassic World, Skull Island, Pacific Rim II, Godzilla 2, Jurassic World 2, Godzilla 3.

Well, Godzilla & Pacific Rim weren't exactly run away successes (though profitable in their own right) and Kong is very much a wild card.

Let's see how their respective movies do first.

It is more that dinosaurs have always been popular with people, especially with children.

I think when JP5 gets a release date, all other movies are going to steer clear from it much like they did for Age of Ultron. That should help it I guess. It surely won't have the same kind of competition that JW had to face - not after JW's insane performance.

• Like 1