kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Yeah... This will decrease $200M+ DOM from Jurassic World. Likely stays flat WW though. Nostalgia and novelty will no longer be a factor.

Yep. I barely hear anyone talk about the first movie,feels like one of those "I only needed to see this once" kinda deals.

Go big and spend the entire run of a smash hit talking about how much it underperformed / disappointed. See AOU.

Lol I was kidding. I think it'll make 500+ and I'll be happy with anything more. Plus I still think AOU had the potential to make more than it did if it was better than the first one.

Remember this a few weeks back from spatulashack?

Colin and Steven had a meeting with Donna Langley and the goal is for Colin to have a very rough script by August.  Colin isn't directing the sequel but he will be very involved just like Spielberg.  And if Spielberg doesn't like the script, the studio won't set the date yet. In other words, this won't be like the Furious films.  We'll be getting a sequel and it's all happening quickly but the cameras won't start rolling until both Donna and Spielberg are happy.

Jives with "by august"... so does this mean Trevorrow showed them his rough script and Spielberg liked it?

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

Yep. I barely hear anyone talk about the first movie,feels like one of those "I only needed to see this once" kinda deals.

While I somewhat agree, I see no way that JWII doesn't do $450M+ DOM. I just don't see it anywhere near the $650M+ DOM that JW will gross DOM TOTAL. So... Quite a few saw it just to see it and won't venture out for sequel. While many, many folks enjoyed it greatly and will see the sequel.

As you can see with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, the Burton Batman films and the Avengers: When the "first" in a series does record-breaking numbers, the only way to go is down. You can't replicate this kind of massive success. Even predicting it to do so is pretty stupid.

• Like 7

2018 movies are not in the main forum yet (see Godzilla 2, Flash, for other examples). 

Why though? An announced release date is all the criteria we should need. This isn't Smurfs 3 or Taken 8...this is the sequel to the third biggest film in history, show some respect damn it!  :)

• Like 4

Why though? An announced release date is all the criteria we should need. This isn't Smurfs 3 or Taken 8...this is the sequel to the third biggest film in history, show some respect damn it!  :)

Main forum is already too crowded and this is three years away. It's not important.

• Like 6