kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Doesn't capture any of the nostalgia that JW did. None of the wonder, none of the excitement really. Just looks like a really dumb CGI fest. I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong but for now I'm lowering my predicts after that

150/375

The same is true for Infinity War. It looks like the same thing again except this time they shoe horned in even more superheroes.

• Disbelief 2

Just now, DAJK said:

Doesn't capture any of the nostalgia that JW did. None of the wonder, none of the excitement really. Just looks like a really dumb CGI fest. I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong but for now I'm lowering my predicts after that

150/375

TBH I imagine Universal is expecting a drop regardless, I'm sure they'd be happy with $375m domestic, OS will likely drop as well but $700-800m OS would not surprise me.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

150/375

That's about what I'm predicting. This is going to be the lowest grosser of the three main June films.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I love how Goldblum is so casually placed into this trailer. It's like marketing doesn't even care Ian Malcolm is back.

tenor.gif?itemid=10184200

At least they're not trying to oversell his role I suppose. He's pretty just there to go "oh, uh, yeah!", and collect his check. 

• Like 1

As someone who still hasn’t seen Jurassic World, it looks fine. I guess I was expecting something more exciting after all the teasers they’ve posted over the several days. Then again, this is just the first trailer. I’ve never been into dinosaurs so I’m not the target audience, but I did like Jurassic Park so I’ll try work my way through the sequels in time to watch this next year.