kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

29 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Wait for a second trailer before we judge things.

Judging, analyszing and discussing stuff based on trailers is pretty much one of the essential things we do on BOT, right?

I guess we all know that good movies can have bad trailers (I think James Cameron is horrible at making good trailers for his juggernauts).

14 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Now, does it mean the movie itself won’t be any good when it releases?

Story seems fundamentally flawed. I don't really care about CGI-fest action sequences. I'm sure that aspect of the movie will be fine. It has also been fine in plenty of other big budget movies with crap storytelling. 

• Like 1

...this is a Jurassic Park movie?

Ok, I have read that, in the novel, Isla Nublar is in fact mounted above a volcano; and maybe this is the same in the movies, but without being ever mentioned, which I can presume may have to do with... a lack of awareness? Which sounds odd, as considering the geographic location of the island, I doubt no one would even consider the possibility... but whatever, I can bite. No one - even John fucking Hammond - ever knew that there was a volcano underneath Isla Nublar. Sure, great.

That's not the problem to me. The issue... is that this barely counts as a Jurassic Park movie. It only does because it has dinosaurs and Ian Malcolm (who sounds awesome, unsurprisingly)...? It looks like a disaster movie, very much like Pompeii with raptors, and from the looks of it, it's every disaster movie cliché you've ever seen. Literally down to the boring human characters no one gives a fuck about. It would honestly be more interesting if they took out the humans from the film, and even still, the premise of dinosaurs running away from a disaster isn't something that The fucking Land Before Time didn't do before. It can be an entertaining popcorn watch, for sure, but... it's not Jurassic Park. JP is a self-contained sci-fi story about humanity's ambition and greed and how it can create eyes that are bigger than the stomach, and a true classic. It's my favorite Spielberg film ever. And we've come all the way down from that to a generic disaster film? Even the 1st Jurassic World had a better hook than that (the park being open to public).

The only things this seems to have going for itself from the trailer, besides Ian Malcom, are a greater sense of suspense building (very much like Spielberg in his JP films), the interesting thematic of whether or not to treat dinosaurs as any other kind of animal and protect them like the others, and that, like I said, it can be a fun watch from a blockbuster bombast standpoint. And as long as it's better than Jurassic Park III, I'm fine with this. It's just a weird direction to take Jurassic Park to.

Then again, I'm judging this as Jurassic Park; maybe if I judge it as Jurassic World and see the JW films as nothing but semi-standalone popcorn breezes from the original film, I wouldn't be so frustrated.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

Ah i am pretty confident this will have bad reviews. Willing to bet. Besides you were one of the posters ignoring me when i said JL would be poor, so you should be taken my advice mate.

...Proof?

I never had any optimism for JL :P

17 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm actually impressed they somehow managed to make a trailer that makes the second movie look worse than the first movie. I give them props. 

I remember the amount of shit you got on here for your totally unmoved early-word review of JW. You were so right, my friend.

Edited by Hatebox

8 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I remember the amount of shit you got on here for your totally unmoved early-word review of JW. You were so right, my friend.

Its all abput opinions, i swear he gave BvS a b+. Or am i mistaken

Edited by Mrwick

Possible frontrunner for villain of 2018 😂...the antagonist, probably some kind of nature nut, like John Goodman's character in Kong: Skull Island? 

Has a grand diabolical plan to return the dinosaurs back to their rightful place, as the dominant species the planet 😂. 

Might be better than Hoskins, from JW 😂

Someone on Facebook just shared the trailer, adding "Yay, Jeff Goldblum is back!!"

I did my civic duty, telling him and, by extension, all his friends, to be aware that Goldblum was hardly in the movie. A few have responded with tearful emojis.

https://www.tenstickers.co.uk/wall-stickers/img/preview/troll-face-sticker-8744.png

• ...wtf 1