kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Just now, Hatebox said:

Someone on Facebook just shared the trailer, adding "Yay, Jeff Goldblum is back!!"

I did my civic duty, telling him and, by extension, all his friends, to be aware that Goldblum was hardly in the movie. A few have responded with tearful emojis.

https://www.tenstickers.co.uk/wall-stickers/img/preview/troll-face-sticker-8744.png

Do you also murder puppies?

I can already see from the reactions that this one is gonna be very interesting to follow over here when the numbers come out.

Is there a Jurassic World vs Infinity War club anywhere? That would be very interesting to follow too.

Edited by Arlborn

3 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Trailer views for Jurassic World 2 might hit around 15m on youtube in the first 24 hours. I think Infinity War was around 40m. Interesting comparison between two juggernauts.

All that promotion... shame.

All of the promotional material outside of this trailer have been fantastic. Sure, the plot is dumb, but that is to be expected, come on.

I am just most excited for Bayonas handling of suspense scenes. Dude is really talented. They could make a 2nd trailer even worse than this one and this will still make 400M+ DOM. I really hope the members of this forum dont ignore a 2nd time how much people like dinosaurs and how different these movies are from the usual SH/animated blockbuster fare.

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

Why are trailers not released in 4k these days? You think official sites especially youtube would do it easy. Perhaps to hide unfinished post production/CG?

Why deal with the extra hassle? 99.9% of people don't care anyway, and streaming bandwidth is gonna ruin most of the additional detail anyway. 

4 hours ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Watching all the dinosaurs die is kinda gonna suck. It's just gonna make me feel bad. I like all the dinosaurs, I don't want them to die :(

I'll still be there day one because dinosaurs yessssss but I can see a fat drop from the first. Sub-400 feels pretty reasonable. I'd probably go with something like 150M/380M. 

Goddamn do I love T-Rex though. That shot with it's foot on the Carnotaurus' neck is fab. Loving the variety in general in the trailer. It'll be real cool to see all those different species on the big screen. The movie itself looks pretty dumb but dinosaurs are so fucking cool that I doubt I will care. My standards go out the window when dinosaurs are involved.

The fetishization of the T-Rex into a pseudo-hero is one of the reasons why this franchise took a nose-dive in quality. 

• Like 11

The problem this series will always have is that outside of the park being a disaster, which can only be done once (JW trying it again the second time was pushing it as it was), there's nowhere else for it to go. The route they've taken this time does feel like particularly piss-poor fan-fiction, though. Claire really loves her dinosaurs now.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Here’s another example...if it counts as an inferior trailer.

And Rise of the Planet of the Apes still has a better first trailer than Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom...

And, man, that trailer has almost 7 years... different times.