kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Definitely not box office wise if Jurassic Word is anything to go by. 

Review wise I’m sure Jurassic World did better than 2 & 3 too ;)

This is definetely going to drop from JW box-office wise. The premise seems way more flimsy and dumber. (And lord knows how JW was packing in the dumb department)

Edited by dashrendar44

4 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

This is definetely going to drop from JW box-office wise. The premise seems way more flimsy and dumber. (And lord knows how JW was packing in the dumb department)

This could drop 50% and it would still be more than what most were predicting for JW 3 years ago

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Dropping from 1.6 billion to 1.2 billion won't be keeping the studio up at night 

Just now, Krissykins said:

Yeh I think Jurassic is winning that battle again. 

As I argued before, a lack of a loyal huge fanbase does mean an audience drop from JW can be much larger then fanboy films like Star Wars or Avengers though. I think it will depend on how buzz on the film is by the time of release. 

The Marvel base is super buzzed too so I don't think it's doing below CW domestically either and it seems Infinity War will be a pretty huge event for comic book films, so I don't think General Audiences will ignore it either.

Its gonna be a fun battle! 

4 hours ago, KP1025 said:

JW is inherently a much less fan-driven franchise, so it's not surprising the trailer views are lower.

The JW 1 trailer is the 6th most viewed trailer of all time, bigger than Avengers Age of Ultron, CA Civil War, Furious 7, etc.

• Like 1

Bayona is extremely talented and I can't say no to dinos just like I essentially can't say no to Kong, Godzilla and just about any big budget flick with giant creatures terrorizing everything in their path. So, I'm there... Was hoping the trailer would look a lot more fun. The interesting thing with Bayona is he takes his material very seriously. Worked wonders for his previous projects. But, with the dopey scripts for the Jurassic flicks, it may work against the material.

But, yeah, not a very good hook. Obviously not buying Howard's concern about the dinos. That said as others have said, Bayona could do something nuts with the action/horror.

Big thumbs for the song from Black Mirror's White Christmas karaoke night at the bar.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I actually thought JW2 had the advantage as it has more general audience pull... 

Dunno how you can say that when Avengers and JW were equally monstrous with GA...

Because JW beat AoU? Sequel to zeitgeist-buster vs the actual zeitgeist-buster

I think it’ll be a close race both Dom and WW between FK and IW. 

Dom both will fall in the mid-high 400M 

OS maybe FK will have the advantage as JW did more than TA/Ultron and sequels tend to increase OS. But then Infinity War has a wide open schedule with a month to itself, while Fallen Kingdom has some potentially tough competitions. 

OS probably gonna come down to China. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1