kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Infinity War will likely make more in its first week than Fallen Kingdom will in its first two :hahaha: 

Nah, IW will have a bigger OW due to more frontloading but it won't be so wildly bigger.

So many people comparing the two though, you guys know there's a brand new club comparing them for the domestic crown, right?

:ph34r:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I will say, the battle for the summer crown 2018 will be the most interesting in years. The potential for incredibly huge numbers and incredibly huge meltdowns is certainly there.

And I will be here for all of it!

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Lor San Tele said:

The fetishization of the T-Rex into a pseudo-hero is one of the reasons why this franchise took a nose-dive in quality. 

Don't blame me for these movies :lol:

(If I were I charge, my Jurassic Park movie would be good and everyone would love it)

9 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Don't blame me for these movies :lol:

(If I were I charge, my Jurassic Park movie would be good and everyone would love it)

Nah dont think so. 2 and a half ours of a whole Spinosaurus family getting slowly eaten by the T-Rex gets old after a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Nah dont think so. 2 and a half ours of a whole Spinosaurus family getting slowly eaten by the T-Rex gets old after a while.

Mine would just be a nature doco. Remove the people parts entirely, just have dinosaurs. It would be the best. Cut out the convoluted and dumb plots and human characters and just show dinosaurs doing dinosaur things for several hours.

Think Planet Earth except it has dinosaurs and a $200M budget.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Mine would just be a nature doco. Remove the people parts entirely, just have dinosaurs. It would be the best. Cut out the convoluted and dumb plots and human characters and just show dinosaurs doing dinosaur things for several hours.

Think Planet Earth except it has dinosaurs and a $200M budget.

But...every movie needs to have Farrier in a Spitfire.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Honestly don't think the battle next summer will be that interesting. IW clear #1, JW clear #2. Maybe Deadpool/Solo/Incredibles will be close to round out the top 5 idk

Hot Take: I think DP2 has a decent shot at being #2, and could even have a small chance at rivaling IW.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Hot Take: I think DP2 has a decent shot at being #2, and could even have a small chance at rivaling IW.

Scorching take considering the history of comedy sequels. Possible I guess!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

If DP2 is what we're now calling Black Panther, yeah, sure.