kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

I loved Pratt in GOTG1. 

That’s about it. 

Unlikable in Passengers and JW

Tried too hard in Magnificent Seven. 

Serviceable in GOTG2. 

And I don’t care for Lego Movie so.

He was delicious in JW. What was unlikable about him? 

• Thanks 1

finally saw the trailer and eh.

But I'm a sucker for these movies so I'll still see it :P

and I think they showed, or played his voice, about 99% of Goldblum's entire role in the film :P 

4 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think next year is the natural progression in the bubble of washed up franchises/cinematic universes that make no sense/blockbuster saturation that's gonna eventually burst. 2019 looks huge but it also looks bad. There's very little to get excited for there for me. This is where movie production is going, more and more every year.

Definition of wishful thinking: the attribution of reality to what one wishes to be true or the tenuous justification of what one wants to believe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Unfortunately he hasn't parlayed his stardom into taking interesting roles or doing anything to expand his range beyond the snarky but lovable working-class hunk trope. 

I think he is good at what he does but he'll never be a favorite of mine if he doesn't even try. 

Besides Goldblum, this trailer was a major letdown for me. There were a few cool shots but not happy that the park is destroyed.....again. One of the main draws of Jurassic World was the chance to see a fully operational park.

This storyline just feels forced and unnecessary. I hope the film has a lot more to it.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:57 PM, AJG said:

Jurassic World was interesting because they showed us the park fully operational.

This is just running from dinosaurs on a volcano island. This could belong to any film franchise. I’m surprised The Rock isn’t in it.

Its like they had to come up with a sequel and they just pulled something out they’re ass

This.

3 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Unfortunately he hasn't parlayed his stardom into taking interesting roles or doing anything to expand his range beyond the snarky but lovable working-class hunk trope. 

Maybe he knows what he is. Too many actors try to be something they aren't and can't be. Maybe Pratt knows this type of stuff is his bread and butter. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Is it just me or is blockbuster filmmaking at an all-time low atm? How many good/interesting blockbusters have there been in the last 5 years or so? Like 5, maybe? TA 1, The Lone Ranger, Godzilla, Interstellar and Fury Road...

Just you.

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

Is it just me or is blockbuster filmmaking at an all-time low atm? How many good/interesting blockbusters have there been in the last 5 years or so? Like 5, maybe? TA 1, The Lone Ranger, Godzilla, Interstellar and Fury Road...

Godzilla was interesting? More like frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

:winomg:

lol no