kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

I love this Wikipedia bit for the first JW:

Jurassic World generated a total of $1.6 billion in box office revenue, standing as the fourth highest-grossing film of all time without inflation adjustment, as well as the second highest-grossing film of 2015, the second highest-grossing film of the 2010s, the third highest-grossing film of the 21st century, the third highest-grossing film of the third millennium and the highest-grossing film in the franchise

Like, ok, we get it :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I love this Wikipedia bit for the first JW:

Jurassic World generated a total of $1.6 billion in box office revenue, standing as the fourth highest-grossing film of all time without inflation adjustment, as well as the second highest-grossing film of 2015, the second highest-grossing film of the 2010s, the third highest-grossing film of the 21st century, the third highest-grossing film of the third millennium and the highest-grossing film in the franchise

Like, ok, we get it :lol:

Lol, what the hell? :hahaha:

• Haha 1

The marketing for this is really good. Not as exciting as that for the first JW (you cant replicate the return of the franchise after 14 years and the hook of the Park finally beeing open), but its doing its job.

Im actually as excited for the Video Game Jurassic World: Evolution as im an old Operation Genesis "veteran" :lol:. Looks like Game of the Year-material.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2018 at 11:50 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

What are you guys talking about!???

John Hammond didn't go to prison. If a rollercoaster crashes or people die at theme parks no one ever goes to jail, ever. She is the park operations manager at a legal themepark. how in any way would she go to jail? She would testify sure.

The court of public opinion should have crucified her at least, also I imagine that if a ride was known to be faulty and the owner refused to shut it down because that'd hurt their business he'd probably be brought up on charges of negligent homicide, an accident is one thing but when you know that things are fucked and don't take the actions needed to fix them....

1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The court of public opinion should have crucified her at least, also I imagine that if a ride was known to be faulty and the owner refused to shut it down because that'd hurt their business he'd probably be brought up on charges of negligent homicide, an accident is one thing but when you know that things are fucked and don't take the actions needed to fix them....

Thats not how it works. I don't wanna sit er and type paragraphs but trust me. Every theme park and Zoo death since 2000 in USA has lead to 0 people going to prison.

JW is a Zoo/ themepark and would follow all the regular  themepark rules and regulations under OSHA. Id be willing to be MY LIFE and families life. The park operation manger is not at fault for anything unless THEY themselves directly ignore government regulations. If they were playing by the book they have NOTHING to worry about at all legally. Not even a question.

Long story short, it would go up higher in the company and fall on the actually people/division of the company who created the product (dinosaur) "Ingen" a different arm of the company. 

When a ride at theme park kills someone or multiple people, if the park followed every safety precaution given  by the state and manufacturer then it gets turned over to them and the investigation is on the manufacturer not the park or people running it (this happens EVEVY SINGLE time, not once had this not happened in my lifetime)

Also by theme park and Zoo Laws animals are treated the same way. So a tiger killing someone at a Zoo would be treated like a roller coaster crash legally.

Its just my true response is gonna be about 4 paragraphs and countless examples of shit and about 30 - 40 minutes of effort probably so m not gonna do that and into case by case detail hahaha 

However I do wanna a point out the stupidest thing in all of Jurassic World is the I-rex only cost 26 million dollars. LOLOLOL They wouldn't give a fuck, they would kill it on the spot. After it killed those 2 dude (which wouldn't even effect the park form closing actually) 

A new E-tieckt ride at a Universal/Disney park costs about 200-250m dollars so to say 26m is a big  investment is a huge lol.

A brand new bare 400 foot tall top of the line record breaking roller coaster would cost about 35-45m today.  

Harry Potter World at universal Hollywood cost 400m alone. Lol 26m as a major investment. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

But she did do that, when the Raptor whisper said they need to shut down, because the I-Rex killed the military strike team that went after it, she says no to that idea because they'd never re-open. And then all the pteradactyl's get free and play fetch with her assistant while she makes out with the raptor whisperer

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Thats not how it works. I don't wanna sit er and type paragraphs but trust me. Every theme park and Zoo death since 2000 in USA has lead to 0 people going to prison.

JW is a Zoo/ themepark and would follow all the regular  themepark rules and regulations under OSHA. Id be willing to be MY LIFE and families life. The park operation manger is not at fault for anything unless THEY themselves directly ignore government regulations. If they were playing by the book they have NOTHING to worry about at all legally. Not even a question.

Long story short, it would go up higher in the company and fall on the actually people/division of the company who created the product (dinosaur) "Ingen" a different arm of the company. 

When a ride at theme park kills someone or multiple people, if the park followed every safety precaution given  by the state and manufacturer then it gets turned over to them and the investigation is on the manufacturer not the park or people running it (this happens EVEVY SINGLE time, not once had this not happened in my lifetime)

Also by theme park and Zoo Laws animals are treated the same way. So a tiger killing someone at a Zoo would be treated like a roller coaster crash legally.

Its just my true response is gonna be about 4 paragraphs and countless examples of shit and about 30 - 40 minutes of effort probably so m not gonna do that and into case by case detail hahaha 

However I do wanna a point out the stupidest thing in all of Jurassic World is the I-rex only cost 26 million dollars. LOLOLOL They wouldn't give a fuck, they would kill it on the spot. After it killed those 2 dude (which wouldn't even effect the park form closing actually) 

A new E-tieckt ride at a Universal/Disney park costs about 200-250m dollars so to say 26m is a big  investment is a huge lol.

A brand new bare 400 foot tall top of the line record breaking roller coaster would cost about 35-45m today.  

Harry Potter World at universal Hollywood cost 400m alone. Lol 26m as a major investment. 

You clearly have little idea of how the legal system operates........

ANyway, I think that AJ's second point is very well taken: Why the hell are they so concerned with savings a few dinosaurs when all they have to do is clone some more/

IMHO a huge plothole. I suspect they will attempt some explanation, but whether it is halfway convincing or not.

This whole thing smells of a script that was not really thought out.