CoolioD1

Best Actress 2011

Oh, good, cause neither is the hottest. Charlize and Rooney are vying for that title among nominees.

Or Elizabeth Olsen is nice to look at. Not a twig like those other Olsen sisters. And Olsen might be the "unknown actress from a Sundance film" this year. Since we had J. Lawrence and Precious in previous years.

Or Elizabeth Olsen is nice to look at. Not a twig like those other Olsen sisters. And Olsen might be the "unknown actress from a Sundance film" this year. Since we had J. Lawrence and Precious in previous years.

Felicity Jones could compete with her for that nom for Like Crazy.

Other possible noms include Tilda Swinton (We Need to Talk About Kevin), Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs), Olivia Colman (Tyrannosaur), and of course Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn). If The Iron Lady is as bad as the trailers suggest, then Streep is out and things get interesting.

But Like Crazy hasn't been as loved as MMMM. In fact some people HATE the movie and Felicity's character. Or they could both get nominated. Happened with Carey Mulligan and Precious. Though I doubt it, it'll be lucky for one of them to get in.And Meryl can never be counted out. Even if the movie gets the shit panned out of it it's still Meryl Streep playing Maggie Thatcher. I might even go as far as to lock her in for a nom.

She could be sitting in a chair the entire film and they nominate her.

True that. I`m sure there will be a pressure to nominate her because it`s Meryl playing the Iron Lady. However, KK is still the biggest bait since The Reader:a) KK. Her role has everything that AMPAS falls in love with: mental illness, fake accent, scenery swallowing, nudity, period drama, real person, Jewish person. This is the one to beat.B) Meryl. Yes, it`s Meryl playing iconic controversial person while swallowing scenery in a fake accesnt like she`ll never eat again. But take a look at KK bait points and you`ll see Iron Lady falls short.Of never nominated before ingenue, Felicity Jones is the weakest. Olsen or Mara or both (if Meryl`s a turkey) will get in over her.Viola Davies is suffering from Blid Side backlash as many see The Help as BS Lite. Should snag a nom but forget about showdown.Michelle Williams is most likely to emerge as one of competing front-runners. Multiple nominee playing an iconic real person.

LOL! I remember during his podcast with Sasha Stone and he was bitching about not beig invited to a few other screenings. "They must have just forgot about me. Or misplaced my invitation. That's gotta be it, right?"Anyway. PREDICTIONS:Glenn Close - Albert NobbsViola Davis - The HelpRooney Mara - The Girl With The Dragon TattooMeryl Streep - The Iron LadyCharlize Theron - Young Adult

I just do not understand why Davis gets all the praise and Emma Stone's performance is totally overlooked. I found both performances equally strong. I have a feeling that the quality of The Iron Lady will destroy Meryl's chances for the third statue. I have high hopes for Michelle Williams. Predictions:

Viola Davis - The Help

Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady

Michelle Williams - My Week With Marilyn

Glenn Close - Albert Nobbs

Charlize Theron - Young Adult

Edited by The Dark Alfred