kayumanggi

POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING | 06.03.16 | Universal | final domestic gross: $9,496,130

This is actually getting shockingly solid reviews so far, even if it is apparently a throwaway movie (really, who didn't expect that?) As long as it has some solid funny bits, I'm seeing it, and it appears that it really does. 

52 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not shocked to see some positive buzz. But, is there an audience for this? I see a sub $5M OW DOM.

Yeah, that's what's bugging me too. Who is the target audience for this beyond Lonely Island fans?

6 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Am I the only one who keeps mis-reading the title as "Popstar: Never Stop Never Popping" I think I may need new glasses.

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not shocked to see some positive buzz. But, is there an audience for this? I see a sub $5M OW DOM.

The background in the poster reminds me of popcorn, so I can see why there could be confusion for the title.  The theater count is 2,300 right now at Box Office Mojo.  That is around 100 less than Jem and the Holograms last year.  The positive reviews should help make sure the movie does not fall to Jem opening weekend levels IMO, even if it does open to less than $5M.

TOMATOMETER

I was not expecting that. Let's see if the reviews keep coming in positive as good reviews should help it a little bit, specially if they translate in good WOM as well. It might not flop as hard as I thought it would after all.

Edited by Arlborn