K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

As long as Meryl plays Jaws, I'm there.

Yep, CGI the hell out of her and when Bruce jumps on the boat to eat Quint, it'll be Meryl's face on it.

That.... sounds awful. :)

I'm spitballing.  But really, what's wrong with those three?  Okay, Mr Gopher's second in command in IHATEMOVIES, who would you choose for the roles?

• Like 2

I'm spitballing.  But really, what's wrong with those three?  Okay, Mr Gopher's second in command in IHATEMOVIES, who would you choose for the roles?

I wouldn't do it. :P We basically already saw what a sequel would look like: DEEP BLUE SEA. (Which I like, but c'mon).

If you're a studio boss and you're ordering me to do it, I dunno, but I'd change it up way more than that... you're basically kinda targeting the same sort of actors to fit the same old roles.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Imagine if someone remade Jaws and it was better than the original. What would happen? Would the world implode?

That's not possible so the world is safe.

• Like 5

I wouldn't do it. :P We basically already saw what a sequel would look like: DEEP BLUE SEA. (Which I like, but c'mon).

If you're a studio boss and you're ordering me to do it, I dunno, but I'd change it up way more than that... you're basically kinda targeting the same sort of actors to fit the same old roles.

Well, you know it's my favourite movie of all time but I really don't have a problem with remakes/reimaginings.  It gets people to focus on the original as well and that's never bad for a 40 year old classic.

Emilia Clarke as Brody, Jai Courtney as Hooper, and Jason Clarke as Quint IMO. Good enough for Terminator, good enough for Jaws, am I right?

tumblr_ngl0mySeuo1tu1beso1_500.jpg

How awesome/apropos would it be if it opened to a 65 mill Friday?

Considering game 4 of the NBA finals will likely cause backloading for Friday/Thurs previews, it seems fairly likely. $60-70 million is the range. Possibly $75 million if it has an epic amount of walk-ups today. 

Girl power. Switch it up, make it three women.

Sure, McCarthy as Quint, Salma Hayek as Hooper and Alexandra Daddario as the new Amity sherrif, Martine Navratabrody.