K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

LMAO if it wins the year...which is not impossible at this point. With a 185+ opening, 500 is on the table and I don't think there is any guarantee of Star Wars beating that kind of total.

Jurassic Park 4 beating Star Wars 7 domestic and winning the year would be the biggest  GPyLwMq.gif ever.  

• Like 2

Insane. I knew this movie would be huge, but I didn't expect it to possibly be formidable competition to AoU for biggest summer movie. Wow. Oh and Chris Pratt is now THE draw in Hollywood.

This is more about the dinos though. Pratt for sure going to get his pick of whatever he wants to do now, but it has to be the right project in order to be financially successful. 

WB, Universal, and Legendary should all collab for a Chris Pratt teamup with Godzilla and dinosaur minions to take on Kaiju. 

If this ever happened.. :stretcher:

I think I would be too. Seems like a better use of all these cool advancements in CGI we've seen over the last 15 years.

EXACTLY. Its like all technological advancements in film are measured by how well they portray monsters, robots, and the like on-screen.

Does Stan Lee look like a bitch?

Don't make us get Asgardian on your ass.

Asgardians would shake in their boots if they ever saw a kaiju :P

We'll see it this year no matter what, whether it's Inside Out or the Good Dinosaur.   However even if Inside Out opens at number two, it'll still have a gigantic weekend regardless.  In fact it could possibly break the record for largest weekend not at #1

Right, no way TGD is beating out Hunger Games' 2nd weekend. Even the mighty Frozen didn't.

i'm not being annoying and i'm not doing anything on purpose put me on ignore if you don't like my discussion of box office

yes i was. i also called f7 ow > 140m, aou ow < 200, pp2 ow > pp dom, and now jw ow > 190

Taking credit for your "140-200" comment to mean accurately claiming it would be 190+ is absurd. Plus, pre-opening, there were others far more vocal about it opening enormously. Please step off your high horse here.

• Like 5

Something I have noticed:

Godzilla did nearly as much as Pacific Rim's DOM total OW, and now Jurassic World will do the same with Godzilla!

Kong: skull Island will break the OW record..

You heard it first here

When Claire decides to get the T-Rex was epic. When he appeared people literally stood up and clapped in my theater,

I so wanted to clap in that scene.  I was close to screaming with excitement.  When Clair runs with the flare and then he gets there and the two dinosaurs look at each other, it was just like, "Oh yea mutherfucker...it's on bitch!"

• Like 1

Because Sith's 373 instantly translates to 600 million.

RIGHT...

This is Star Wars we're talking about. JP3's entire domestic gross is about to get outdone in a single weekend by JW, previous film grosses don't relate. 

• Like 1