K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Just proves Universal has no concept of fudging numbers like the other studios do. If they did F&F would have gone past TLW, F&F6 would have hit $100 ad F7 would have hit $150.

I wonder why, it's not as if anyone would really care.

Avengers' $207 million was equally unexpected. The initial projections were $65 million Friday but Rth kept updating the numbers and they kept increasing. JW's weekend performance is a deja-vu for me because of this reason.

• Like 2

JW is way too scary for families, I think

Depends on what you mean by families.  10 and up... not really.

However...

after watching the 1st 3 this week I was a little surprised how many random people got eaten in this one.  

But now that I have a kid I realize its not really people getting killed that can bother younger kids but intense moments when something bad might happen to kids or parents that bother them.

In the original the kids being abandoned in the car is one of those moments.

A couple of moments in JW but no worst then the 1st.

Edited by AndyLL

Avengers' $207 million was equally unexpected. The initial projections were $65 million Friday but Rth kept updating the numbers and they kept increasing. JW's weekend performance is a deja-vu for me because of this reason.

Very similar in that regard, though Avengers weekend was tracking in the 150's beforehand while JP4 was around 125-130.

• Like 2

If Deadline is right and this falls below $200M, I think I might be done with this forum for a long time. That's the second time this summer I've been disappointed by a massive OW due to the excessive hype here.

Hysterical post.  A few days ago people thought 130mish was best case scenario.

• Like 3