K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I wonder how much spillover we can have. My 14 screen theater only has JW on what looks like 4 screens out of 14, which is not alot for a $200M opening. Even Iron Man 3 had 7 I believe, which is the most ive ever seen, and I think Shrek 3 even had 5. Theres another 14 screen a couple miles away, but they look to be in the same boat.

I wonder if that ended up causing alot of sellouts last night and people having to wait till today. We'll see. I wonder if they regret not booting TA2, MM, and Poltergeist.

• Like 2

so its 80 million or 83 million? 

One puts TA in danger .

I have a hard time seeing this being an all time opener, it does not feel anywhere as big as those films here.

Edited by Lordmandeep

It doesn't make much sense to continue with the Park theme. I think for some reason the military will need to return to the Island and they will force BDH and Chris Pratt's characters to go with them, in order to get some DNA stuff they forgot about when they evacuated.

That'd make sense, I could also see all of the Dino's becoming hybrids in some unrealistic but cool way, thus making it an island of crazy, genetically modified dinosaurs. Or the island already became a military base. End of movie is Dino's getting released to real world because the military makes Dino people who create a Dino army.

• Like 1

That'd make sense, I could also see all of the Dino's becoming hybrids in some unrealistic but cool way, thus making it an island of crazy, genetically modified dinosaurs. Or the island already became a military base. End of movie is Dino's getting released to real world because the military makes Dino people who create a Dino army.

I think whatever they make it will involve the island again. 

We're laughing, but a JW/Fast crossover really could work. Especially if the dinos are

about to be let loose off the island

. The governement wouldnt call Dom and co to stop the dinos, but they could get stuck in the crosshairs.

OW record obliterated. It sounds so ridiculous, people will come out in droves out of sheer curiosity.

• Like 1

This films success is perplexing

Not really. People love awesome Dinosaurs. It's been 14 years since they saw awesome dinosaurs (22 if the sequels don't count as awesome dinosaurs), so it makes sense. There's been 14-22 years of pent-up demand.