K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Thanks. I am happy now. I love JW but I love both TA and AOU as well so any place in the top 3 OW is fine for me :D

No chance it comes below AoU with 80M+ OD. Jurassic World will play strongly with families plus this summer so Sunday drop will be strong. It could drop less then 10%. 200M is very likely with a shot at OW record.

My guess

81M Friday

67M Saturday

58M Sunday

206M+ and if it gets that close to TA1 than I expect Universal to push for the record.

I can't believe the opening weekend record is actually in play.

This is why I love this forum

My bare minimum I see happening is:

80M

66M

54M

200M

Edited by Blankments

Nobody saw this opening coming at all. Over 80M opening day is F'N huge and it is crazy this could make close to 200M OW.

This is just like TA1 OW again. Even the preview numbers were similar.

I was going to sleep in until noon but the numbers hype might have woke me up (along with a dream about Jeremy Renner being my commencement speaker but meh)

blankments you are a total slut.

I dont see it man.

Its like the 95-100 million for TA2 Friday for me it did not jive with what I was seeing.

I just dont see the business at the theaters going to be anywhere near record levels for the rest of the weekend. 

I think I will just put it to that its not performing any near record heights in my area. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I dont see it man.

Its like the 95-100 million for TA2 Friday.

I just dont see the business at the theaters going to be anywhere near record levels for the rest of the weekend. 

You are in serious denial. Your theater is an exception, not the rule mate. The movie kicked some serious ass everywhere else yesterday.

• Like 7

Variety:

The $150 million tentpole, rescuing the dinosaur franchise from near-extinction, grew bigger and bigger on Friday, grossing $82.9 million after earning an A CinemaScore from moviegoers. That included $18.5 million from Thursday evening previews, the biggest late-night showing ever for Universal after Furious 7 ($15.8 million).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-jurassic-world-unstoppable-802048?utm_source=twitter

Edited by baumer