K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

ABC just said that Jurassic World could top as much as 225 million dollars for the weekend.

the line the anchor gave was this

"talk about a Jurassic haul"

lol 

I was dying!!

Is there a link to this somewhere?

I am waiting for my Jurassic Park Cinematic Universe.

I want a spin off about Blue, one about the  Mosasaur and one about the T-Rex. And of course a prequel about Indominus Rex.

Edited by CJohn

Both true statements, though Batman Forever did break the weekend record despite a new actor. It'll be big but I doubt it's much bigger than the Nolan Batman openings.

sm had the worlds first 100 m in 3 days. 30Plus yrs of waiting lol. Mr redfire you truly think a film with bats and supes being so big and havin along with sws the top teaser trailer wont beat the nolan films?? Come on now my friend its defiant definitely going to have a 190-225 plus mil 3 day. This is the biggest and beggef for teamup in history. Mos also beat batman begins in every way possible at bo and hv. And some fans liked mos better than begins.
  • Like 1

sm had the worlds first 100 m in 3 days. 30Plus yrs of waiting lol. Mr redfire you truly think a film with bats and supes being so big and havin along with sws the top teaser trailer wont beat the nolan films?? Come on now my friend its defiant definitely going to have a 190-225 plus mil 3 day. This is the biggest and beggef for teamup in history. Mos also beat batman begins in every way possible at bo and hv. And some fans liked mos better than begins.

What did Man of Steel sell on home video? Begins was over 10 million units. That market has pretty much collapsed in recent years so I would be surprised if MOS was able to reach that kind of number.

I am waiting for my Jurassic Park Cinematic Universe.

I want a spin off about Blue, one about the  Mosasaur and one about the T-Rex. And of course a prequel about Indominus Rex.

ANOTHER fucking spoiler. 

Edited by CJohn

What did Man of Steel sell on home video? Begins was over 10 million units. That market has pretty much collapsed in recent years so I would be surprised if MOS was able to reach that kind of number.

Man of Steel

Man of Steel poster

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $291,045,518 Details
International Box Office $376,954,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $667,999,518  
Home Market Performance
Domestic DVD Sales $41,765,610 Details
Domestic Blu-ray Sales $63,869,239 Details
Total Domestic Video Sales $105,634,849

I am waiting for my Jurassic Park Cinematic Universe. I want a spin off about Blue, one about the  Mosasaur and one about the T-Rex. And of course a prequel about Indominus Rex.

I'd love to see a raptor movie / prequel with lots of kills in it. Make it happen Universal

Actually yes it does.  You don't need hard evidence, you need common sense, which isn't so common, apparently.

If you can get something for free, or go pay $10 for it, what motivation do you have to go pay for it?

First off woahh! at the box office of this. Haven't seen anything like it here since The Avengers in 2012. Been lurking all weekend and following along. Definitely exciting stuff. Knew it could do huge numbers when the theater was slammed Thursday night.

Regarding the piracy affecting box office issue though...so rarely do big movies actually have watchable copies hit the web while they are in theaters. The last one was Furious 7 and it was still a few weeks into May. It also had gigantic subtitles which weren't removed until late May. But yeah at that point it was 720 with very little frame rate issues and very much like the real thing once the subtitles got cropped.

Besides that the only time it really happens is during awards season due to screeners. Like American Sniper leaked 2 weeks early and it still grossed what it did. The copy wasn't anything perfect but it was all over the torrents for awhile before that came out.

But other big blockbusters? It's so rare to see anything besides like a bad cam or a TS with out of focus video, tiny audio, etc. If people would rather watch those then pay for the movie, then that's on them but they are missing out on the actual experience.

Both Ex Machina and It Follows did come out last month though while they were still in theaters. Actual Bluray copies. But at that point those were already scheduled for a July release.

What's really common is seeing full quality 1080/720 Web/BR Rips about a month/possibly two before actual release but not right when it hits theaters. 

It took up until this week for a sort of watchable TS of Avengers to hit the torrents. What happened with Furious 7 with an actual WEB RIP has not happened with any other blockbuster this summer. San Andreas, Mad Max, Tomorrowland..same type of TS/Cam. Looking at screenshots of them it's nowhere near comparable to the real thing and I'd never watch these copies over it. All of the horror movies that leak early via cams always end up too dark and scenes in these movies that are at night usually suffer.

So yeah you might see these hit torrent sites but they really aren't that watchable compared to how they really look in theaters.

Here's a screenshot of Jurassic World for example:

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img538/9559/cgrjVu.png

That's garbage compared to the actual movie. It will be downloaded by thousands but a lot will wait too.

• Like 1

They shot them all down, including the one that was way out over the water.. And how is that a plot hole?

i didn't see them shoot almost any.. and it would be a plot hole considering they never address the flying monsters that will now go terrorize the mainland