K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

One thing Jurassic World has going for it that I think is understated is the originality in the setting. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't ever been a tentpole set in an actual amusement park. I haven't seen it yet, but that's honestly what gets me excited for this in addition to the JP nostalgia. It's creative despite being tied in intrinsically with the property.

Yeah, one of the places I thought the movie really shined was how it poked fun at the industry. There's a lot of product placement, yes, but I really can't fault it because Cedar Point and the Cleveland Zoo looks pretty much the same way (they wouldn't have the furniture or jewelry stores, but I can forgive that since this is a secluded resort aimed at first-world tourists)

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come until 2019, considering Legendary/Universal have Skull Island, Pacific Rim 2, and Godzilla 2 coming in the next few years.

Remember Godzilla 2 stays at WB despite Legendary co-producing it.

One thing Jurassic World has going for it that I think is understated is the originality in the setting. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't ever been a tentpole set in an actual amusement park. I haven't seen it yet, but that's honestly what gets me excited for this in addition to the JP nostalgia. It's creative despite being tied in intrinsically with the property.

220px-Beverly_Hills_Cop_III.jpg

because he said that i'm probably worried this will knock mj2 from third place and i was directly replying the actual cause of my worry....

Stop. You know what I meant. Why comment on the film and its box office at all? You're prejudging it.