MovieGuyKyle16

NBC "How low can the ratings go??"

Their slightly better. That "0.2"difference may seem minor and small, but really it's gigantic.

well to me since NBC gave Parks a great lead in last year (they had The Office lead in) they should of built a good audience during that time and they should of proven themselves by putting the show before Community. But instead their getting the lucky break and being put at 8:30. Makes no sense in my book. Edited by MovieGuyKyle16

I mostly just watch Fox. Of the shows I do watch on NBC, America's Got Talent, The Voice, and Smash when it premiers. I don't understand why their ratings are so epic fail. They have a huge monster audience every Sunday during football so they obviously have a good place to advertise their shows. They all suck I guess?

NBC has been having lots of trouble in the ratings for awhile and to make matters worse their new show "The Firm" which started last night came in last place with a 1.5 rating. The network reportedly ordered 22 episodes before the show even aired. My question is if you ran NBC what would you do to get those ratings up??

Well, to be fair, most of the cost of the show (The Firm) was paid by Sony (IIRC) so NBC's up front costs isn't very much. Edited by TheMovieman

• Community Manager

I mostly just watch Fox. Of the shows I do watch on NBC, America's Got Talent, The Voice, and Smash when it premiers. I don't understand why their ratings are so epic fail. They have a huge monster audience every Sunday during football so they obviously have a good place to advertise their shows. They all suck I guess?

Some of them do. Most of them are critical, cult darlings. Which means that they don't suck, they just don't seem to appeal to mainsteam America.

I still a watch a few shows on the main networks, Parks and Rec, the Middle, Modern Family, Person of Interest. And then cable I'll watch Justified and Breaking Bad. But lately I've been watching ME-TV . Which shows programs from the 50's to the 80's. So I've caught some old Cheers episodes. The orginal Mission Impossible series. The original Hawaii Five-O. And of course the Twilight Zone which still holds today.

Things keep getting worse. I expect The Firm to be pulled within a week. 30 Rock, one of the network's flagship shows, does Community's ratings (in its premiere) and proves that no comedy will play against Big Bang Theory. Whitney and Chelsea didn't completely sink, but they're up against Idol next week.

Smash needs to live up to its name or NBC could be screwed.