Avatree

Warcraft: One Billion Gold

Guys you're gonna kill me, 2 weeks ago people were saying Under 350, now there is a club over 1B WW.

Heck, if the movie finishes with 650-700 M some will call it disappointing.

I'm probably one of the biggest supporters for WarCraft here but i am out...................for now :)

25 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Gonna be hard to when it doesn't break 100 mil in the US...

This. Even if it breaks all kinds of records in China/Russa/South Korea, which hey, it very well might, it's probably gonna require 900 million overseas just to do it, which would be in the same league as SW/JW/Avengers. I just don't see it. 

Honestly, I'm not even fully sold on this doing 50 million total here. Maybe five years ago. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

First reviews

The Wrap

Imagine “Battlefield Earth” without the verve and you get this sludgy, tedious fantasy adventure, a fun-starved dud that’s not even unintentionally hilarious

Variety

The epic battle at the center of “Warcraft” isn’t the clash between humans and orcs. That’s just what takes up roughly two hours of screen time. The true conflict comes from filmmakers trying to tell a story with soul and struggling against the inherent ridiculousness of the commodity they’re working with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

How insane would it be if Warcraft were the 1st movie in history to gross over 1B OS and not even cross 100M DOM? :rofl:

I'm out because I don't see its OS numbers being THAT big. I don't buy 500M from China just yet, as The Mermaid was a year-long built up anomaly of sorts.

Either way, I'm expecting Warcraft box office tracking to be really interesting.:)

• Like 3

On May 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Daxtreme said:

I think Warcraft is going to be a surprise hit.

I'm IN for $1B worldwide. DOM share is gonna be very small though, at least I think. Something like 200/800

It's not doing 200M domestically for sure.  It's not doing 100M either.  More like:

DOM 60M

OS 500M

WW 560M

Edited by zenithtim
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Treecraft said:

Armour on... power up... let's do this. B)

tumblr_m5cjpb1pTs1qa9jwno1_r1_250.gif

giphy.gif

Unless it can do at least 600M in China I don't see how this is gonna happen BUT there are some good news!

Legendary will receive 55% of the China gross! I guess Universal is only paying for the marketing in America and OS and has no additional costs which is good too. A strong 700M WW take would probably move forward with a sequel. It only needs to do decently well in America (that is their biggest problem, will they greenlight a sequel if this only does 60-70M in America? And if they do, will the sequel be released in theaters at all in Trump's land?). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1