grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

The thing about the ending its big and epic but not overwhelming epic and huge like a certain Zack Synder film. 

You focus on what matter and really care. 

And they didn't feel the need to keep cutting away literally every scene during the finale to show us that "No, really, all these people are alive, can't you see that". or to show us that buildings were evacuated and were safe to be destroyed or similar things unlike certain movies.

• Like 5

Those would be awful legs.

2.55 is not awful by mega blockbuster standards. Just look at how horrible Godzilla's multiplier was and then think about the fact it opened less than half as big as JP4. TA2 is headed for about a 2.4 and it really doesn't seem that film had terrible WOM.

• Like 1

Legs are a different animal when a movie opens to just under $210M. Right now, I think $525M is the floor and $575M the ceiling.

That would be notably worse legs the TA, TDK and even TDKR. I think this is at least pushing a 3x.

Honestly though, next weekend. Can't wait. Could be a hell of a battle between Inside Out and Jurassic.

Will probably be highest OW for a film not at #1.

If Pixar's streak must end, it might as well end with a record like that.

2.55 is not awful by mega blockbuster standards. Just look at how horrible Godzilla's multiplier was and then think about the fact it opened less than half as big as JP4. TA2 is headed for about a 2.4 and it really doesn't seem that film had terrible WOM.

AOU directly followed a $624 million grosser though, more frontloading I would imagine.

• Like 1

There's a lot of things I don't get about life. JW breaking the opening record is the least of them.

Seriously. I just saw it with the kids (newly out of school) and we all loved it. No, it wasnt shakespere, but its perfectly worthy of taking the crown.

• Like 1

I don't think IO gets much above 70m, honestly.

I had it at 74, but that was before this massive breakout. No idea how well it will do, especially with JW appealing to families as well. Theater screen allocation, considering 3D and LPF screens as well will be a nightmare for theater owners this weekend.

The forum member Xiayun at World of KJ, who is well known for his analysis and predictions, is saying he thinks 650 is going to happen. I honestly would not be surprised at this point. After you go from 125 tracking to 208 weekend total, it's hard to be shocked by anything else haha.

• Like 1

I don't think IO gets much above 70m, honestly.

Me too. Especially with family competition from JW anyone expecting it to break out of the non-TS3/MU latter day Pixar OW range is gonna be disappointed.

Edited by PDC1987

If it does $600m, then it'll do almost 80% of the admissions of JP1. That is fucking mental. A massive success would have been the film doing 40%...but this is on a whole different level.

• Like 2