kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

21 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

I enjoyed this. It’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I had fun. 

It was fun. I saw it around my birthday with some relatives, so that helped my viewing experience, but it's a solid classic mystery.

On 12/31/2017 at 5:30 PM, Hades said:

This film would not exist if Disney had bought FOX a few years ago. No kid or Merchandise opportunities......A sequel is not a sure thing if the Disney -FOX deal is approved They better hurry up and film its sequel   

Yes because Disney literally never makes anything other than giant franchise blockbusters. Not one thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Yes because Disney literally never makes anything other than giant franchise blockbusters. Not one thing.

No, they don't, actually.

Disney film with serious budgets that weren't made to sell toys are few and far between. 

The last time was two years ago - The Finest Hours

Before that would be Saving Mr Banks, in 2013, which funnily enough was literally a film about how great Walt Disney is

35 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

Disney film with serious budgets that weren't made to sell toys are few and far between. 

Before that would be Saving Mr Banks, in 2013, which funnily enough was literally a film about how great Walt Disney is

Funny thing is that there are some documented allegations against Walt Disney...imagine if he was living in this day and age...boy oh boy....

Edited by marveldcfox

On 1/3/2018 at 6:50 AM, Tree Billboards said:

Queen of Katwe and The BFG in 2016. McFarland, USA in 2015. Into the Woods, Million Dollar Arm, muppets,  and Alexander in 2014.

Plus Disneynature every year or so and a lot of Disney India films.

4 hours ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Queen of Katwe and The BFG in 2016. McFarland, USA in 2015. Into the Woods, Million Dollar Arm, muppets,  and Alexander in 2014.

Plus Disneynature every year or so and a lot of Disney India films.

I said of a serious budget & NOT made to appeal to children.

Disney just can't shake that ''mainly appeal to kids" tag no matter how hard they try. Its the reason they created Touchstone Pictures, but then they abandoned it. Disney can't green light 100 million to make a Life of Pi or The Revenant type films. They would rather spend that money on Beauty and the Beast live action spin-offs and pointless Star Wars spin offs....  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tree Billboards said:

I said of a serious budget & NOT made to appeal to children.

You're contradicting yourself.  What is a 'serious' budget movie? The movies I listed were exactly like the movies you listed.

The complaint has always been (incorrectly) that Disney only does the huge budget blockbuster movies and ignores the smaller budget adult movies.

Certainly Disney rarely does big budget adult only films.  But they certainly do plenty of lower budget adult films.

5 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

But they certainly do plenty of lower budget adult films.

Did is maybe the more appropriate word, did they have even only one lower budget adult film in 2017 and 2018 ?

ROI on those would hurt their annual ROI I suspect, even when they are successfull.