kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

Another opinion from a test screening i found on reddit

At that point, it needed work. It was 1-2 months ago, so the visual effects weren't finished. Outside of that, the movie just juggled so many characters and I wound up feeling some of them were shortchanged for screen time. I also felt that the film took some generous leaps in logic, and I don't always know how Poirot arrives at some of the conclusions he draws. But by far, the worst thing was this one fight scene that was edited like Tak3n. Too many jump cuts.

On the positive side, the cast does a good job, and Kenneth Branagh is pretty entertaining as Hercule Poirot. The film itself is also well-shot and the production design is top-notch.

Again, early screening. Chances are, the movie that eventually comes out may not even be the same as the one I saw.

• Like 1

Another opinion from a test screening i found on reddit

At that point, it needed work. It was 1-2 months ago, so the visual effects weren't finished. Outside of that, the movie just juggled so many characters and I wound up feeling some of them were shortchanged for screen time. I also felt that the film took some generous leaps in logic, and I don't always know how Poirot arrives at some of the conclusions he draws. But by far, the worst thing was this one fight scene that was edited like Tak3n. Too many jump cuts.

On the positive side, the cast does a good job, and Kenneth Branagh is pretty entertaining as Hercule Poirot. The film itself is also well-shot and the production design is top-notch.

Again, early screening. Chances are, the movie that eventually comes out may not even be the same as the one I saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelich343 said:

I think he plays Ratchett, the victim who asks Poirot for protection but is turned down.

Yeah, Depp does play Ratchett, who was played by Richard Widmark in the 1975 film.

So Depp is  the first to kick the bucket. (The basic plot of this is so well known throught the 1975 movie and the BBC productions I  don't think this needs a spoiler tag.it's a bit like saying that Superman came as a baby from Krypton is a spoiler)

Edited by dudalb