kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

19 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Perhaps naively hoping that this will be Branagh's return to his early '90s form. Let's get a good old-fashioned grand romantic score from Patrick Doyle to go along with it, too.

Not a Cinderella fan? It's got a fab and lush score from Doyle.

• Like 2

I was honestly pretty disappointed by Cinderella. Just too lifeless for my taste. Especially with dudes like Doyle, that cast and Branagh directing. Count me in as someone that wants a return to the lunacy and tasty cheese of stuff like Dead Again. BUT, I fear, given his recent work, Branagh's beyond that now in his career.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:18 AM, ShouldIBeHere said:

I'd say Mrs. Hubbard would be a role Jolie would be interested in. The other female roles seem a bit meatless for her. Unless she does the Swedish role...

Do not really see the need for this remake, though... despite the interesting set-up, so far. The original is a classic I like to rewatch over and over again. Never felt the need to see a different take on it... but I am ready to be surprised :)

Not a remake though. It's a classic story that's being retold. I don't mind retelling the story. AC has the best who dunits ever. They can keep making them all as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:52 AM, JohnnyGossamer said:

I was honestly pretty disappointed by Cinderella. Just too lifeless for my taste. Especially with dudes like Doyle, that cast and Branagh directing. Count me in as someone that wants a return to the lunacy and tasty cheese of stuff like Dead Again. BUT, I fear, given his recent work, Branagh's beyond that now in his career.

Don't get cut Johnny.:angry:

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:30 AM, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's not a bad movie. And, really, great work from most of the cast. It's just not much of anything. It whisked by effortlessly and it didn't leave much of an impact on me. That's just me though. I know it was well liked.

Ok I can agree with this. It was pretty basic. But it touched me and it's one of my favorites. Plus it was beautiful to look at. I especially loved that horseback circle scene. Sweet movie.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ecstasy said:

Not a remake though. It's a classic story that's being retold. I don't mind retelling the story. AC has the best who dunits ever. They can keep making them all as far as I'm concerned.

I'm right there with ya! 

I love AC's writings. And I love how Poirot's detective methods are only partly physical evidence, clue-based, instead, majorly relying on psychological evaluations and motive-driven analysis.

Her stories lend themselves well for psychological drama adaptations. 

Considering the background and devastating family drama involved that I think quite suit his forte, I have high hopes for Sir Ken to pull it off.