jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

hey katch friend. Hahaha. It better not. Sws should be interesting, but watching the glory of jpw triumphant return to bo might has me stoked on whos going to be numbet one this yr domestically and ww. Oh katch be thou a f or male . i forgot. Love when kelly and other fs stretch their bo talk and battle with their brothers on here

Loved jpw its now my number 2 jp film and very close to the first in satisfaction levels

Glad that you loved JW. I agree it's a worthy sequel to JP and it's so fun to see how unexpectedly HUGE it's turned out to be. What a pre-historic run!

I'm a she, I'm just not that into 'girl' movies. lol.

So I just got back from seeing this film an hour ago.

Really really liked it. Started off slow but once the inciting moment happened, I was hooked the entire time. A lot of people seem to be hating on this film because it was "corny" and "unrealistic," but I think I viewed it the way it was supposed to be viewed. The climax made the whole movie because I was eagerly waiting for it the whole time.

Deserves every penny it's making, to be honest. Yes, I know I'm probably in the minority saying that, but I said it.

• Like 3

Glad that you loved JW. I agree it's a worthy sequel to JP and it'save so fun to see how unexpectedly HUGE its turned out to be. What a pre-historic run!

I'm a she, I'm just not that inato 'girl' movies. lol.

and katch we havent adjourned yet on where jpw bo power will end!

Really really liked it. Started off slow but once the inciting moment happened, I was hooked the entire time. A lot of people seem to be hating on this film because it was "corny" and "unrealistic," but I think I viewed it the way it was supposed to be viewed. The climax made the whole movie because I was eagerly waiting for it the whole time.e

Deserves every penny it's making, to be honest. Yes, I know I'm probably in the minority saying that, but I said it.

nope we are with u jpw is king! Edited by Superman001

I timecoded this video.  We throw around the phrase, "History repeats" a lot nowadays, but....

I'm amused that the Jurassic Park VHS is priced the same as the Jurassic World 2D Blu Ray.

I'm amused that the Jurassic Park VHS is priced the same as the Jurassic World 2D Blu Ray.

That's just SRP.  Off the shelf VHS was usually $15, $20 tops.

It's more interesting retrospectively because, back then, only kids movies were available for immediate purchase - you could only rent them, and eventually buy the "previously viewed" used tapes.  Starting with JP, and then Speed, Forrest Gump, and others, people started becoming collectors.  Then, of course, it became a sickness with DVD and BD where people couldn't (and can't!) stop hording them, as seen on 'Hoarders'.  (I used to do professional moving, and I've seen multiple houses where they literally have BluRay collections which combine for more content hours than these people have hours left in their lives!)

spped4.jpg

I think more Speed VHS tapes exist than people who've seen the movie.

Ha ha.  Where's that photo from?  What's the context?

Yeah, they really tried hopping on the train too soon!  That was JUST at the start of the hording phenomenon.  It was strange because 'True Lies' was another R-rated Fox movie that was a big summer 1994 hit, and that wasn't for immediate sale.  I remember being a little confused at it. 

But JP, The Fugitive....those were some of the few non-children's movies I recall being for sale right away.

Really really liked it. Started off slow but once the inciting moment happened, I was hooked the entire time. A lot of people seem to be hating on this film because it was "corny" and "unrealistic," but I think I viewed it the way it was supposed to be viewed. The climax made the whole movie because I was eagerly waiting for it the whole time.

Then count me in the 'minority' too because I'm with you in this.

and katch we havent adjourned yet on where jpw bo power will end!

Before the weekend I thought I'd be happy with 300m DOM and 900m WW so I'm already VERY happy. :lol:

Ha ha.  Where's that photo from?  What's the context?

Ryan Beitz and the "World Speed Project".  He's trying to collect every copy of Speed on VHS.

I swear, every donation store I've been to has at least two copies of Speed.

Ryan Beitz and the "World Speed Project".  He's trying to collect every copy of Speed on VHS.

I swear, every donation store I've been to has at least two copies of Speed.

I guess the guys in 'Hangover' aren't much worse than somebody with that as their main past time!

(Don't tell him, but I have a copy here.  And he couldn't have it anyway, because I still use my VCR!)

• Like 1