115 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I think my issue with the 'adventure' aspect is that it does start to drag, as every time they get  close, something happens and then those 'islands' or whatever collapse. And it repeats this 3-4 times.

I don't know if it's just me, but I could spend 6 hours just watching Joy and co. play with Riley's emotions.

Just saw it!!! Wasn't being shown by any theatre in my city or anywhere near... but a close relative in another city (a young aunt) had undergone a surgery and since my Mom was going I tool the opportunity to ride along just so to see this movie (well the operation was successful so there wasn't much to be worried about for the aunt).

I loved it!! Really. I had been wanting to see this since it was announced. I had really high expectations which were further heightened after the awesome reviews. And it played up to my expectations!! A phrase i think will best describe and suit the movie, especially the second half, is - Emotionally Exhilarating. Plus superly imaginative too. The inner mind landscape was superb. Everything from Abstarct-thought area to dream productions scene was so imaginative and creative it was unbelievable. Bing Bong was a superbly created and highly lovable character. If it had been another studio he may have come across as very annoying, but Pixar made him a very adorable and funny character. The third half had quite a few tearful scenes and emotional scenes. Although I never really cried, I came very close, and a few tears did drop to be honest, at the last moment when sadness brought joy hand in hand with her to the control and Riley smiled faintly, still crying, as she was being hugged by her parents, which led to the formation of the mixed emotion ball. I'll give a better and fuller review later on when I get time. Btw, I watched it with my little brither who loved it too, even thiugh we saw it in English!

All in all a superb movie. Definitely A+

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 3

I think my issue with the 'adventure' aspect is that it does start to drag, as every time they get close, something happens and then those 'islands' or whatever collapse. And it repeats this 3-4 times.

I don't know if it's just me, but I could spend 6 hours just watching Joy and co. play with Riley's emotions.

Yeah my little brother, 11 next month, said the same thing. He said it got a little annoying but he still loved the movie a lot. Infact he actually understood and loved the movie, even gettig close to tears at the right points (which itself i believe is possible inly when he was actually able ti understand it) even though we saw it in English! That's a big thing. And yiu guys are saying it couldn't connect with little kids? I don't see how. There wasn't anything in the movie that would put little children off. Its true they won't get a few deep, underlying themes but the movie is still very enjoyable for them in my opinion.

• Like 2

Well I have seen it too.

Best PIXAR movie in years. I honestly can't see anyone under 10 really understanding or enjoying this.

Positive

- Great characters

- Abstract ideas

- Strong emotional core

- Strong message

Negative

- Story drags at parts

- Disgust character really felt pointless and too much like Mindy Kailing

- Not enough time exploring family dynamic (I found that just as interesting as the mind concept)

Overall I enjoyed it.

8/10

• Like 1

Just got out, overall I enjoyed it. It's really cute, has a lot of funny moments, but also sends a great message and depth. It seems very psychological, so it's weird that it's geared towards kids.

I'd give it a 7.5/10, B+ overall.

So you liked it a lot? Then why still 7.5? That would mean just above average and enjoyable. What kept you from liking it more? You didn't like some points? You thought the movie left a few things to desire?

So you liked it a lot? Then why still 7.5? That would mean just above average and enjoyable. What kept you from liking it more? You didn't like some points? You thought the movie left a few things to desire?

Well to me, 7.5 is good. I found some parts to drag a bit, kind of lost my attention.

Her average could be a 5.

My average would be like 5/6.

Just rewatched it. Bing Bong's death is the rare moment that made me cry on a second watch. Still great.

Oh, and I still love Lava and find it super charming and sweet. :P

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1