#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

This looks to be another big weekend so let me remind you guys about a few guidelines we have been following for such threads.

1. Off Topic conversations will happen due to the amount time in between box office numbers are released. However please remember that the main topic will be strictly weekend numbers and off topic conversations will be monitored and limited.

2. DO NOT POST SPOILERS. This includes for movies being released this weekend and any in the past month domestically. Spoilers will not be tolerated. This includes bootleg material or any type of material leading to piracy to new releases.

3. Please do not attack fellow members. Huge numbers can make everyone go crazy. Calm yourself. Have some yogurt or some green tea. There is no need for you to attack anyone on this forum because of their opinion. This happens a lot and we will be monitoring this throughout the thread. Have fun.

This post will be updated as we get numbers.

Thanks
#ED

Will tell u IO previews quite strong 1 best animated

BoxOffice@BoxOffice 7m7 minutes ago
DOPE earned an estimated $425K from Thursday evening shows. #Dope

BoxOffice@BoxOffice 2m2 minutes ago
Disney/Pixar's INSIDE OUT earned an estimated $3.7M from Thursday evening shows. #InsideOut #Pixar
________

2ND Update, 1:21PM: Word is from mid-day Friday estimates is that DisneyPixar’s girl Inside Out is coming on strong with a revised industry weekend estimate in the low $70Ms. While it’s not the Pixar opening record — that belongs to Toy Story 3 at $110.3M — it’s right up there with the super 2004 opening of The Incredibles at $70.5M. Universal’s Jurassic World per industry estimates is currently looking at a second FSS of $93M-95M, which if that sticks makes it clearly No. 2 among all pics’ second weekends behind The Avengers $103.05. Today’s other new wide release, Dope from Open Road is currently looking at an opening weekend of $5.5M at 2,002 playdates. Open Road snapped up Dope at Sundance with an estimated $7M minimum guarantee and a $15M P&A. The film is looking to rank outside the weekend’s top 5 as of right now. 20th Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment’s Spy has third with $10M and should raise its stateside cume to $74M by Sunday. Warner Bros./New Line’s San Andreas per industry forecasts is looking at $7M for FSS in its fourth weekend, with a total running cume by Sunday of $131M.
deadline.com

3RD UPDATE, 6:08PM: We’re now hearing that Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out is on track for a $30M Friday, which would turn into an $80M-$82M opening weekend. That’s amazing, as it doesn’t appear to be stealing much family business away from Jurassic World, which looks to be very close to the $28M-$30M range. That should yield a second frame of $100M-$103M. Again, if JW passes, $103.05M, it will be the biggest second weekend ever for a movie, beating The Avengers. Open Road’s Dope looks to be doing better than expected with an FSS opening of $7M-$9M. All based on industry estimates.

IO going with 33-35, JW been doing my head in
Still doing my head in for now going with 38-42, its trending to do more at high end but lets see how eve goes, TA went from 29 to 43 but still,

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

1 hour and a half for me to see the movie with my girlfriend:) i'm trying not to get the hype or expectations that high! But I expect to see a good movie anyway.

Edit. i could have watched it yesterday, but San Andreas released yesterday too in Portugal, so I went with my brother since he doesn't like animation movies:|

Edited by Mike Wazowski
  • Like 1

Why would IO do anymore than 700 mill WW?

It will do about 250 here and maybe 400-450 elsewhere.

I think it will do over 300M here and explode overseas. I could be wrong, so I guess we will see.

• Like 1

I think it will do over 300M here and explode overseas. I could be wrong, so I guess we will see.

I could be wrong too.

But I think you will be.  :)

Inside Out was number 1 yesterday here, throwing Jurassic World to 2nd place. San Andreas started in 3rd. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 8

Inside Out was number 1 yesterday here, throwing Jurassic World to 2nd place. San Andreas started in 3rd.

Would be epic if Inside Out did Finding Nemo/Incredibles numbers

Both did $95-100 million OW with 3D and inflation. With how high concept/mass appealing this film is compared to Ratatouille, WALL-E, or even Up, it wouldn't shock me too bad.This and JW doing $200 million+ is just a surefire way to put summer 2015 on pace for the record

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 5