#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Willie Scott:  Can we go home now?

A battered, bruised, bleeding, torn shirt, hat still in place, exhausted Indy:  Yea, ALL OF US.

That part gave me chills in Temple.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

Universal will not announce JW II because JW is crumbling.

Yep, if it wasn't crumbling, it would have done 130 mill this weekend.  Embarrassing hold.

• Like 1

Did Universal announce JW2 yet?

No. I believe their answer was they want to focus on this movie for now. Rightfully so. This movie deserves all the attention it's getting and they should let it stay in the spotlight for awhile. Announce the sequel later this year.

• Like 1

i was so relieved in the way they executed the raptor training. When I saw that in the first trailer I felt it could be really horrible. But they totally pulled it off in a suspenseful way that you didn't know what the raptors would do next. Yes they were trained in ways, but they were still vicious, dangerous, loose cannons. I thought it was excellent.

Yes, I agree.  I saw in some early interviews that both Trevorrow and screenwriter Derek Connelly got defensive when they were accused of softening the raptors.  (To me, the raptors = Alien.  Death incarnate.  The idea of turning them into cutesy sidekicks with names was anathema to the very concept of the movie raptors - from Crichton's book onward.)  I saw this as potentially as pussi-fying to the raptors as AVP was to both the As and Ps.  

But they neither softened them very much, nor were lazy in how they did so.  They were clear that Pratt imprinted on them (as Hammond did) and that he was still terrified of them.  Here's Trevorrow talking about this very topic:

(Relevant part starts at 5m10s.)

Props to the Jews, btw: I had thought Trevorrow was a score for the gentiles.  Damn!  Another Hollywood blockbuster credited to the Chosen People.  Begrudgingly.

Edited by DavidBrennan

Just to be clear, while I said temple of doom was one of the best action movies I've ever seen, it's still 3rd best of the Indy series. Indy is just that good.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I enjoy all of the Indiana Jones films, yes even KOTCS. Temple of Doom is awesomely dark, and The Last Crusade is simply magnificent.

Didn't love KOTCS and wasn't a huge fan of ToD either, but they aren't bad movies. Just not nearly as good as the other two (Raiders is by far the best).

Heck yeah.

I really liked that they were "trained" but still very very dangerous. Of course Blue is awesome. Was nice to see a softer side of the raptors. They were so vicious in the earlier movies.

Best Raptor scene from the first movie

KlHT0r9.gif

• Like 2

hmm temple of doom is weird. i mean i love the movie but :

If i was a father in 1984 and gone with my son/girl  (young) the hearth scene would not be cool for her/him lol... spielberg has gone too far with this and he agreed...

• Like 1

Nothing beats the little trains chase scene in Indy 2 into the giant caves above the lava.

The opening where everybody is going after the diamond is gold too, pure Spielberg !

Indy 2 is Da shit !

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

KOTCS isn't as good as the first three, but I still love it.  When Indy tells Marian that the reason he never married was because they all had one thing in common, they weren't you, I got a lump in my throat.

• Like 3

No. I believe their answer was they want to focus on this movie for now. Rightfully so. This movie deserves all the attention it's getting and they should let it stay in the spotlight for awhile. Announce the sequel later this year.

It's inevitable but I thought we would certainly have a release date by now...

It's gonna a hell lot of fun after the announcement in the JW2 thread. Will it pull off a TA2, or go TDKR, or the unthinkable increasing-from-JW1.